ewc to living soil ratio in a new pot?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RUSH Fanatic, Feb 4, 2015.

1. #1 RUSH Fanatic, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
    I'm starting some new 5 gallon pots. previously I've got my pots with pretty good dirt ready to go from a friend... on my own this time about  :)

so I've got my 8 gallons of BuildASoil Living Soil and 3 gallons of Worm Power ewc.

Suggestions for mix ratio?

Thanks.

2. #2 lotek590, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
    if you are buying it, the most effiecient use is as a top dressing. For those of us who raise worms the proper ratio for ewc is "all you have". You can't over do it, the more the better, so just divide it up evenly. If you're trying to make 8 gal of mix and have 3 gal ewc, I would use 1 and 1/2 gal ewc now and save the other half for later. It's good stuff, a little goes a long way.I really think if I had to I could grow pot in straight ewc. But if you want to conserve, pack your container with soil and the top dress with about an inch or two of ewc. As you can see by my rambling, it's amazing stuff and could be used many ways. I know I said you can't use to much, but 3 ewc to 8 soil might be overdoing it a little.Not for the plants but for your budget.

3. good stuff, thanks!

some of the living soil and ewc has already went as a top layer on my two stunted plants. A good 2-3 inches of soil and another inch of ewc. I will likely fill the two 5gal pots with what's left, for two new sprouts.

I'm looking forward to see if the new sprouts catch the stunted plants before flower stage. stunted plant #1(sp1) is now about 16" tall, growing at maybe 1/2" or a bit more a day now. Because I was an idiot, sp1 came out of the dirt I'd say end of Sept., moved to better dirt a friend recommended in Nov, but I still did not have the right light. I fixed that problem with the Apollo LED lighting mid Dec and was maybe 6 inches tall. Both plants have been thriving sense.

4. what Apollo LED are you using?

5. GL60 180W, 2nd one or bigger in the plans. Running 20/4 in a 2'x4'x6' rack. I still need to wrap the rack with something more than what I have, which is black plastic. Need to also get my temps up, running at 69 degrees. will fix both those things soon!

I also have a 2nd rack of the same size, very sturdy metal frame with 1/2" pressed wood adjustable shelving. Hoping to set one up as veg rack, the other as flower rack. 2, maybe 3-4 plants ScrOG as I get better at it :)

now where the hell did I put those photos. Damn I hate Microsoft Windows.

6. ha, wishful thinking on the sprouts catching the stunted plants. Both are now showing preflower. if i'd guess, I've got one girl and a hermi, just to much stress over too long a period not get a hermi. At least from what I'm reading :)  probably didn't help I used the old farmer prune to promote growth method, which I now know is a mistake.