Evolution of the Cube

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Sam_Spade, Apr 13, 2013.

1. That's a really cool video, the creature at 2:27 was my favorite. It's pretty amazing how the bone and soft tissue were soon internalized and an external body of just contracting and expanding muscles developed.

2. Rofl that's so cool. They should make some kind a toy that evolves. Would be awesome once they have the information available to simulate the emergence of protocells then to specialized cells like neurons.

3. Wtf did i just watch?
    That was shit

4. Hope that helps!

What were you expecting?

5. That shits wacked, but very interesting

6. Insane

Maybe humans are malleable? Created? Produced?

DNA is the programming language of the Matrix

7. Wow those are some huge leaps in reasoning with no basis to back them up. I don't know how you got all that from a simple video demonstrating how evolution works.

Humans are neither created nor produced and the Matrix doesn't exist.

8. I know right! :D These kind of demonstrations just make me brim with positivist glee.

Some interesting extrapolations, and none are wrong - I'd just be careful with the loaded wording you're using; there're more accurate descriptions that can be used.

We're certainly malleable - moulded by the necessity of our environment.
    We're certainly created - created as the outcome of the successes and failures of our ancestors.
    We're certainly produced - produced by generation after generation of sexual reproduction.

Those cubes are a simplified analogy, an accessible representation of how under the context of simple rules and simple materials, given time and opportunity, can mimic complex problem solving. And it's not that there is a problem solver; a creator or producer or mold-maker - it's that our perception of intentionality is a result of how we react to things. Which is why it's important to be very careful and to take time in analyzing the apparently obvious.

You should check out the linked article - it's quite well written! :smoke:

9. I love how people get worked up by my posts haha.

I loved this OP, it made me thibk.

I dont really support darwin evolution

10. I love hearing that!

That's cool, you don't need to!