Evolution of PERCEPTION!

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Schizo420Drums, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Wow, so conciousness relies majorly on perception of life and an awareness of things around us?

Well, what if our PERCEPTION changes as we evolve? Through the use of psychoactive plants?

Say I smoke a joint, and it gets me high, eventually we evolve to perceive life as high as I previously was after that joint ALL THE TIME.

Like... you climb the ladder of perception? Each sub-reality eventually becoming a reality and sobriety perception based on the previous generations' conciouseness.

I dont know?​

2. I've thought about something similar to this, like every time you smoke weed, you come down less sober, therefore perceiving the world different every time you smoke.

3. i like your ideas. i encourage this behavior as it is what we use to figure out things weve never even thought of before. like when your on acid you can reason through things in such a different way that might more beneficial than a sober way. people are really starting to think outside the box now. like cavemen had to get over the problem of getting civilized, and we have to get over the problem of getting our shit together and thinking of the future.

listen to this song. it is perfect for this post. i love this song mane
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJeiMTlJPBI&feature=PlayList&p=0D28257554DE5D85&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=59"]YouTube - Skazi Psytrance(New Upload)[/ame]

4. This is great. Makes me feel like it's 1968 again.

"Wow man, this reality thing has like, nothing to do with the REAL world of drugs, man!"

5. So many possibilities...

6. i kinda do feel like I never CAme Down from my last psychoactive experience.

7. since ive been smoking for quite a while now, i almost feel high all the time. and some times ill forget that im high cause im so used to it.

8. #8 chronicman00, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009
    theres a man named Terrence Mckenna that believes that the use of psychoactive mushrooms(over a loooooong period of time) is the reason we have language today and I think he has evidence to back it up.

9. ah one of my favorite philosophers! i remember my bro used to tell me all this stuff about him when we blazed back in the day. Mind blowing! now he is going to get a degree in philosophy.

10. What this is based on is Lamarckian Evolution; that is, acquired characteristics are passed on. Smoking cannabis and altering your mind is an acquired characteristic, which is not passed on. No matter how much LSD you do or how much weed you smoke, your child will not have that mindset when they are born. Now if you do those drugs (although I do hear cannabis is somewhat safe even for pregnant mothers), your baby will likely be messed up in some way, but not like that.

11. Yes i'm a big beliver that humans gained there current preception through the prolonged eating of magic mushrooms around 50,000 years ago in north africa when we were still very simple ape like animals. after about 10,000 years of feeding regularly on the mushrooms the mushrooms died out in that part of the world due to climate change. Humans were left with a very "warped" preception ,in terms of how other animals preceptions are. We had gained something they did not have, imagination, and from there our imaginations have run wild.​