Evil Weed eating ants...help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ęZBůĐǻ420, Jan 30, 2010.

1. So i originally thought it was my cat that ate my plants but it was not. it was ants i just checked on them and found one ant crawling out of the cup so i killed it i hope there isnt more....but i doubt a rouge ant ...which sux what can i do or use that wont mess up my plant if this continues...my plant might already be ruined...plz help

2. Move the plants to a different spot, or if you can't then you will need to disrupt the ants' scent path.

Worker ants spread out from the colony in all directions, looking for food. When one finds it he returns to the colony, leaving a trail of scent for the others to follow. Then, tons of ants just follow the trail. You need to disrupt that trail, so if you find a line of ants going to and from your grow space you can put insecticide down intersecting their path and going wide to each side (they are smart enough that if they find their path blocked they will try to go around the blockage). You could also try putting your plants up on some sort of riser (which won't have the scent) and wiping down the floor of your grow space with an ammonia or bleach solution (again, to disrupt the scent path).

If that doesn't work then you might need to try something like neem oil or safer's soap, insecticides you can use directly on your plants.