Evil Dead Remake

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Pufftamagicwyrm, Apr 6, 2013.

1. I just went to see it
    I thought it was well done
    If you don't expect it to be exactly like the original, the experience is better. They do show a couple easter eggs from the original throughout the film.
    The ending was really awesome haha.
    Any thoughts?

2. i like the fact that its not like the original i was never crazy about it or the campy feel of it but i enjoyed it

the fact that they went all out on scares and gore and didnt go for any of campy shit is fine with me

im hoping to see it maybe monday looks awesome

3. Theyre not really camping
    You'll see haha

4. I saw it last night with some of my friends, it was great!

5. I saw it last night as well. I've never even heard of the original, but I thought this remake was pretty damn good. I give it a thumbs up!

6. I didn't even know the remake existed. I'm getting all moist just thinking about it if they ditched the campy shit

7. Evil Dead is great. Loved the originals, maybe I'll check it out. Sounds like this might be a good remake. Just getting tired of all these remakes, personally, redoing already good movies with today's 3d effects doesnt make it better. Just leave it the fuck alone!

8. Someone puked in the theatre when I was seeing it haha. I didn't think it was that gross personally. I'd recommend it.

9. You'll be happy to know its all props, no cgi or computer effects :)

10. Made my day :)

11. Can't wait to see this shit yo.

12. You won't be disappointed

13. Someone threw up in our theatre haha

14. That's fucked, how you gonna see Evil Dead if you gotta weak stomach lol?

15. #15 emf3rd, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2013
    I saw it in an advanced screening at 10 pm Thursday night with some friends... We broke in my new piece, took a few *unmentionables*, and a couple friends of mine drank before we saw it. Luckily I was sober enough to remember it and thought it was great! While the trailers and promos pushed the fact that it was going to be 'the scariest movie ever', I found myself expecting a MUCH more horrifying movie that what I saw. Within the first opening scene, you'll just kinda 'get' what kind of movie this is, and the second I got it I loved it. It didn't deliver on the scares, but it wasn't nearly as cheesy as the original trilogy (which I absolutely love) and I was happy about that.

Still waiting on an ACTUAL Evil Dead movie that scares me :3 But for those of you interested, you may know that the plan for this series is as follows:

The Evil Dead
    Evil Dead II
    Army of Darkness
    Army of Darkness 2 (sequel to the original trilogy)
    Evil Dead (remake)
    Evil Dead 2 (sequel to the remake)
    Evil Dead 7 (Will combine the Ash and Mia storylines together for an all out blood bath)

I'm so exciiiiiiiiiiiited, and I just can't hiiiiiiiide it!

16. going to see it today

17. It looked really good and I wanted to see it in theaters. Oh well, hopefully I'll see it illegally online soon.

18. Am I the only one who hated this movie? It had none of the heart of the original films. The cast and the characters they portrayed were all just poorly acted and written. There wasn't even a lead character to cheer for. There were a few moments in this film I really dug ((SPOILER) like the scene when the guy is shooting his possessed girlfriend and she comes back to life (SPOILER)), but overall this film wasn't witty, funny, or scary in anyway, and I just found it incredibly boring. And yes I was very high when I saw it. If I wasn't I probably would've walked out of the theater. I'm not usually one to hate on films, but this movie was so hyped up for a long time, and when I saw it it was a total letdown. Anyone else dislike it or at least have some issues with it?

19. Oh god no, I hated it too. Honestly don't understand how a single person could've enjoyed it. I went with this new girl i'm dating last weekend and we walked out of there saying "what the fuck was that??" the acting was BEYOND terrible and it was all just really boring.

20. i thought it was alright

hopefully this and cabin in the woods can help get horror movies back to being decent