Everything I ever really needed to know, I learned from a song title...

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Medicine Al, Apr 10, 2009.

1. As the thread title suggests, this is a name game, to find great song titles, old or new, any style of music, which if taken alone, are also philosophical, medical, psychological, social, romantic or some other type of advice, or a moralistic or fantastic story, just within them selves.
    Include please the artist as well.

Examples;

All You Need Is Love -Beatles

Don't Worry About The Government -Talking Heads

There Ain't No Santa Claus, On The Evening Train -Captain Beefheart

I Saw An X-Ray Of A Girl Passing Gas - The Butthole Surfers

It Don't Mean A Thing, If It Ain't Got That Swing
    -Duke Ellington

Wear Your Love Like Heaven - Donovan

Just Drive, She Said - Stan Ridgeway

The Lines Between The Devil's Teeth, And That Which Can Not Be, Repeat
    - Peter Murphy

You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire -Queens Of The Stone Age

You Are The Everything - REM

I don't know if this makes sense to any one else, I'm so high I'm floating, so if this is incomprehensible forgive me.:smoking:

Song titles with advice or a story, or both, please?

2. #2 Et Cetera, Apr 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
    Sounds fun. Lemme peruse my media player...

-

"The Aeroplane Flies High (Turns Left, Looks Right)"
    by Smashing Pumpkins

If it turns left and then looks right, it has changed direction while looking toward where it would have gone. We all do that.

-

"Everybody Knows This is Nowhere"
    by Neil Young

If this is wrong and this is actually somewhere instead of nowhere, then what's not somewhere? Everything is somewhere, so nothing is nowhere, so the song title claims we know this is nothing. So is it that we are clearly wrong? Or that we know this something is in some way also nothing? Hmmm...

-

"Your Mother Should Know"
    by The Beatles

Yes, she should know. If she doesn't know, tell her. She should know.

-

"Sit Down, I Think I Love You"
    by Buffalo Springfield

We often recommend sitting before hearing big news. For the speaker to say this, he means business. Good times.

-

"Don't Stop Til You Get Enough"
    by Michael Jackson

Good advice. Just make sure not to continue after you've had enough. Moderation is normally advisable.

-

"Love Her Madly"
    by The Doors

Might as well, you'll both have a much better time if you just go at it with no apprehension.