Everyone with political views, share your opinion!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WhysWon, Apr 12, 2009.

1. How ya doin GrassCity? For starters, happy Easter everyone! =) Now on to business. What comes into mind when you think of voting? Is it a right that we have, and can exercise? Is it something everyone should be required to do once htey're eligible? Basically, what do you think about voting, and do you think people should always vote? Is it ever acceptable not to vote? I know this is a pretty open-ended question, but I made it like that for a reason. I want to see what YOU have to say, not what you think the answer to my question is ;)

I'll start with a few basic opinions of my own:

I think voting should be mandatory.
    Voting is one of our most important rights, and the fact that we are able to vote and voice our opinion in this sometimes overwhelming world we live in really shows that we are FREE. =)

So, fellow GrassCity members, I come to the stoners of the world with one of the most important topics our country has. What do YOU think about voting?

2. Making anything mandatory would be destroying the very freedom you would be trying to preserve. So, mandatory voting is a no-no IMO. But, I also agree that if you don't want to vote, don't bitch about who won an election.

3. Why should it be mandatory?

Most people dont vote because they hate the government or anything, most people dont have the time to learn up on the people, so carry little interest, so voting doesnt matter to them.

It is a free country, so not everyone should be forced to vote.

4. that right there made my time worth it for posting here. Thank you for your input =)

5. Haha, you're welcome.

6. #6 sikander, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009
    Y'know, regarding the mandatory voting thing... Fuck That Shit.

I think the right to vote in this day and age is mostly wasted on the American public. If your voting populace doesn't care enough to become reasonably informed about the candidates and prefers instead to go by campaign ads and Rush or Randy (depending on party affiliation, of course) then what we have is rule by marketers.

I hear people talk all the time about how they're open to voting for the most-qualified candidate regardless of which party they run under, but when you say something nice about the candidate from the Other Party... get an umbrella because you'll be showered in partisan bile. "But the dude's a fucking Republican! Republicans got us into this mess!"

7. You cannot coerce the apathetic. Doing so will ensure unbalanced representation.

8. Let's get real Sam_Spade. I'm ready to call you out.

Your vote doesn't mean shit. It's all been decided.

Now what does mean something is YOU letting go of government. It's a corrupt piece of shit designed to box you up and control you. And I'm done with it; are you?

9. I don't think I want people who have to be forced to vote making decisions for all of us. I don't think we should make it hard to vote, but I'm very depressed that the unprecedented level of voter fraud in this last election was basically overlooked. The way we're going, if you want to make a difference the way to do it is not by voting but by helping to cheat and rig elections.

10. With the Federal government now superseding all state sovereignty the elections where you actually have any say, local, mean less than ever. And Incumbant congressman with a stranglehold on campaign donations from respective state lobbyists are hard to beat.

The Presidential election is the only publicized election in this country, and it is the most pointless. What good is electing representatives when none of them obey the law of the Constitution?

I don't think voting is important anymore, especially with DieBold counting.

11. I really don't see how you came to this conclusion.

My vote means next to shit, but that's the price I pay for living in part of a much large community of individuals.

It boxes me up and controls me, in the same way that the weather does. Nice day out today though, I might go for a walk.

12. I somewhat agree, but how do you let go of government?

I mean how can you truly be done with it or get it out of your life if its forced on us?

You can symbolicly say your done with it but thats about it.

Even if you defeat a government there's another one waiting in the wings.

And even if it is an honest government it will soon be corrupt since its the nature of the beast proven, a theory proven by every government since the beginning of time.

13. The truth is there really is no way to entirely let go. Sure, you can threaten to leave the country for a new one, but you're just going to run into another government that is just as shitty as the last. You can choose not to vote, but your neighbor will do it anyway. Every President we've elected that actually governed as a servant of the people was killed. Just shows you how much of an Oligarchy the U.S. actually is.

14. Uh... who chose the standards that must be fulfilled by the textbooks you've always read? Government = a.k.a. the purported winners.

Any scrap of evidence they'll call proof. But any man who has experience with proof, knows you can't prove you can prove anything. I don't need to prove it to you, you just have to admit it to yourself. Stop channeling energy into votes and instead of hoping some motherfucker ambushes this corrupt governance structure, start being crystal clear with all the people close to you. If they say, shouldn't have voted for Obama, you say, shouldn't have voted because it just makes the system look legitimate and brings about greater uncertainty in the minds of those just as fed up with this package of lies as you.

My point is clear: speak the truth you say you do, and indicate you believe it with your actions. I can tell you one thing I truly believe, and this goes out to both you and Sam_Spade. This whole end of duality and lies begins with YOU. You've got to really believe it. I know you've both experienced your share of synchronicity. You know something (PROBABLY YOU!!!) is trying to knock some sense into you. Now get with it, because at the rate things are going in this white material world (and I would be labeled white on a government test) there's no time to spare. It's going to take every single bit of your energy to do the right thing, and if not now, then when?

You know what I'm talking about so don't tell me no. Don't tell me that we aren't in the S&P section. Just do the right thing. That's been my personal resolution and it's the only way we're going to bring about the spiritual union of humanity. You've got to believe me.