Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Everyone should have one

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by SkunkWoodz, Sep 15, 2007.

1. This is one the most recomended microscopes for judging when to harvest if your growing. But currently I'm not growing and I've found this little guy to be AWESOME for scoping nugs. You really get a feel for the amount of trichomes on your bud. And we know those are what we want. Just another good tool for the box. I admit that it's hella nerdy to pull out a microscope, but when people see the crystals up close, they totally understand. I love it. And not to mention that the price (10 bucks! at radioshack) is unbeatable for what you get I think. It's got a good zoom range and definitely gets close enough. haha I so fuckin blazed I'll stop raving about this thing now. sorry
    if this doesn't interest you haha :smoke:

[​IMG]

Peace out GC
    Ryan:gc_rocks:

2. kinda makes ya start thinkin about inner space when you use a mircoscope a lot...or is that just me....
    i been readin trycs with mics for over a decade...

3. This is a really cool gadget for viewing your prestine buds. I have known several people who've had them and loved them in the past.

Toke it up man!

4. I have one and let me tell you it's not all that.
    The area you get to see is very, very small. You have to hold perfectly still and move millimeter by millimeter to find what you're looking for. Forget about doing this while standing up looking at branches of a live plant (not only do you have to stay the same distance, you have to adjust the focus at the same time => not happening).
    I bought a jewler's loupe on ebay for $6. It was 30x magnification, but it wasn't enough. This microscope is adjustable 66x-100x.
    Anyone know of a good solution to examining buds? I saw someone post those electronic microscopes that you plug into the tv, but they are a little expensive and I don't own a tv (nothing worthwhile on tv).

5. i just take macros of a sample nug >.>

6. And you can tell what % of the triches are cloudy and amber..? I doubt a camera can focus that close