Everyone said I got scammed at car dealership?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeffersong808, Sep 12, 2016.

1. I bought a used 07 Toyota corolla 54k miles, original price was 8k but it came out to 16k due to maintenance/service contract & interest rate 9.9%.....

The salesman said its the lowest interest rate they can get me with Washington state employee's credit union(I've got no credit) & with their first time buyer's program, it is a great deal..

I am paying $102 insurance and $275 for the car a month. (60 months)

What do I do?! Should I try to return it or keep it, do you think I made a bad deal?

2. I'm surprised you don't make threads asking if we think you should take a piss or not.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Try returning it....and keep us posted on how it works out.....

• Like Like x 5
  4. I LOL'd irl xD

5. 10,174.98 would be just the car loan.
    What freaking kind of maintenance/service deal is that? Extended warranty too?

Maybe talk to the legal office.
    :smoke:

• Like Like x 5
  6. Let me guess they fucky'd you into getting an extended warranty and gap insurance? Better take that shit back and just get a limited warranty. You might not even need warranty, those Toyotas are reliable as fuck.

7. This is why I think it's trolling. The question is "did I fuck up by paying double the sticker price for the car?'. Common sense would take over in this situation for anyone.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Those oil changes are expensive...not to mention the engine air filter for $45...and the cabin air filter for another $60.....Oh and the Summer air to Winter air tire exchange....no warranty on this, as it's not a mechanical issue, just maintenance....

Sorry to rant...I hate car dealers......

• Like Like x 1
  9. Damn dude, did they give you some lube first?

10k for a maintenance plan and also 10% interest??? Should've just bought a brand new car for the same price???

They must've seen you coming a mile away!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah u could straight up get a new vehicle for that.. Plus 10%, jesus fuck..

Somebody get this kid an adult.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Wait a minute, this op said he was gonna get a scion tc but now it's a used corolla? Bro, keep your stories straight, hard for us high fellers to follow you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. well in reality when you have no credit and you only go to one place, only exposing yourself to what that dealship is offering...and he cant purchase transportation any other way, yea he got a good deal.
    have you researched on the internet what your car is worth...go to kbb.com
    do you know your credit score?
    you can also see what other financing options are out there.....google no credit auto financing
    you can ask all the people on here you want and everyone is going to give you THEIR opinion. form your own opinion, it is YOUR perception of value for what you are paying. try and use this experience to learn about the other options out there so next time you go buy a car you will get as good of a deal you can get.

took me a while to grasp this concept when i was younger but if you pay your loan off earlier, you wont be paying 16k.
    if you can, try and pay an extra 100 per month. if that is 1/3 of your monthly payment, you will pay 1/3 less interest....something like that. im not a math person. it will be more up front, but in the long run you can get a beter but a 10yo car with 54k miles is a pretty good choice as far as appreciating value is concerned
    make sure you get an oil change

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dude you're either a troll, or you need more help than the people of GC can provide.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Was it a girl who helped you out at the dealership and did she "touch" you? Since you can't handle being around girls at all and who in their right mind would agree to get a 07 toyota for 10% and that much money for maintenance plan. Have you never heard of mechanic shops around your area? Your maintenance plan is worth almost as much as your car and that didn't seem odd to you? You should stop trolling gc and go out and explore the real world before coming on here asking for advice.

15. Do you even have a job? Paying $400/month for a car is nuts working for minimum. You'll never be able to make your payments unless someone is supporting you. Save up for 6 months and buy a beater for cash