Everybody boycotting chick fil a is stupid

Discussion in 'General' started by Purp Skurp, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [quote name='"Demiurge"']When I lived in NY there wasn't any. But down here there are some. There is one right down the street. I always thought they were a fast food fish place for some reason. Maybe it was the fil-a idk. I'll check them out. If they are good they are good I don't give a fuck what the companies personal views are. I go to fast food joints to get really cheap food that will fill me up, Not to express my personal beliefs.[/quote]

I just moved from New York down south, they're easily my favorite fast food place. Who gives a fuck what the president/CEO believes? They have good, reasonably priced food and that's all I care about. And I don't support denying civil liberties to anyone, including homosexuals.

2. this is true..

i heard something like last year they donated over 5 million dollars to a couple gay bashing groups.. Exodus.. and some other confirmed gay bashing group.

so not supporting them financially is actually not completely pointless.. its not just an idea of the ceo.. hes acting on it

3. Why one relatively small fast food chain though? Hell, Chick-Fil-A doesn't even have restaurants in all 50 states. There are people with way more money and influence that oppose gay marriage too, but no let's try and attack a fucking fast food restaurant. This is just another instance of people thinking their making a difference when in reality they're not dong shit. It's Kony 2012 on steroids.

4. also true.. but all this boycotting was spurred by the ceos statement.

5. Haha observe and report... Haven't seen that in long time

6. Spot on.

More corporations should be boycotted. Then perhaps they will realize that they shouldn't use their corporations to influence politics.

Not only what has already been mentioned, but consider the work environment. If you are gay and work there, what type of aprehensions has this brought on? Talk about a hostile work environment. :smoke:

7. The right side being that everyone has, and is entitled to, an opinion and the right to express his or her opinion.(opinions are not harmful to anyone, acting on them is. From what I gather, they said they do not support gays not that they cant eat there etc)

The wrong side being people discriminating against another person (corporation) because of said opinion, and robbing them of their right to express them self and what they believe, or forcing them to believe what someone else thinks they should believe.

If chick fil a doesnt like gays, fine. That is their choice. As long as they aren't saying gay people cant eat there, or boycot the gays etc.. Who cares?

If gay people don't like chick fil a, fine. That is their opinion too. But to try to convince everyone to boycot the place because their views dont match is absurd.

This is 2012, Gay people/gay marriage is/are supported more now than ever (which is great, I support it 100% because people shouldnt be discriminated for what they like or don't like *hinthint*), but its just not for some people and that is fine too, so long as they don't act on it in a negative way.

Also, I have a suspicion that its all a marketing ploy to get people to talk about chick fil a and draw business... What a crazy idea that would be eh?

8. Yup, some employees are getting stuck from both sides. :smoke:
    Chick-fil-A Anti-Gay Controversy: Gay Employees Speak Out

One gay employee who works at Chick-fil-A headquarters in Atlanta, Ga., and asked to remain anonymous for fear of losing his job, says he is getting it from both sides. On the one hand, there is the customer who came in and said he supported Dan Cathy and then "continues to say something truly homophobic, e.g. 'I'm so glad you don't support the queers, I can eat in peace,'" the employee, who is 23 and has worked for Chick-fil-A since he was 16, wrote in an email. On the other hand, he continued, "I was yelled at for being a god loving, conservative, homophobic Christian while walking some food out to a guest in a mall dining room."

Looney tunes shows support:
    Michele Bachmann Chick-Fil-A Visit: GOP Rep Shows Support For Company Amid Controversy

One bar has the answer:

and West Hollywood bar The Abbey introduced a "Chick-for-Gay" sandwich as a protest against the chain.

9. It's ridiculous that they are donating money to anti gay foundations. Oh this country

10. He is entitled to his own opinion just like everyone else.

11. Whether I support Chick-Fil-A's stance on this matter is irrelevant; I applaud them for voicing their opinion, no matter how unpopular it may be.

12. I can't believe people think everyone should have the same opinions as them. Oh this country.

13. That's weird because thy just opened one up where u live and it's been packed everyday,there hasn't been any boycotting.

14. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however a company should not use opinions to either alienate their customers and workers, nor to draw attention. :smoke:

15. No one is doubting that the guy has a right to believe what he wants to believe.

And a free market society is supposed to boycott a business it disagrees with.

A non free market would try to shut the business down with legislature..

16. I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if some loud mouthed politician started spouting off about how Chick-Fil-A should be shut down in a week or two.

17. idk you can talk about free speech and all you want, but it's still pretty ridiculous that one person can use the resources of countless people to voice his own, single, opinion.

like that gay employee whose worked at chik-fil-a for years and now all the sudden everythings gone to shit for him... how fucked up is that.. how could he have known that's what his efforts were funding?

18. You consider working at a fast food place, effort?

Not exactly changing the world... (unless he works at corporate..?)

Fuck, If I had a Chick-Fil-A near me I'd eat at that place all the time, who gives a shit they make good food. It'd probably be dead empty because of all the moral fags anyways.

19. you act like everyone who works there is a fry cook

20. People get offended so easily . Okay your gay, who the Fuck cares ? Does the sandwich not taste good cause the owner of the establishment doesn't accept gays ? He didn't trash you directly so eat there or don't , nobodies making you . On the other hand they shouldn't speak on something that doesn't have to do with chicken or fastfood .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.