Everybody boycotting chick fil a is stupid

Discussion in 'General' started by Purp Skurp, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's like my friend stated, "It's hard to claim something isn't a stereotype if it always turns out true."

As fucked as that sounds, he's made brilliant points backing up that claim.

2. don't know about you - this has gotten to be a very very stale conversation...

im out

3. Sick of hearin people bitch about Chick-Fil-A...
    I support them, because, THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO A FUCKIN OPINION!
    Owner doesnt support gay marriage? Good for him, its his right to decide that. If anyone is REALLY that upset about it, they are just as ignorant and intolerant as they claim that guy is.

4. Yet another of the many, many examples, in this thread alone, of why this thing needs to continue to be talked about. I wish I'd have kept a tally of how many people erroneously believe that's what this is all about. I bet by now we'd be upwards of 50 people.

5. While I'm sure there are a huge amount of prejudiced kids coming up, I'm sure the magnitude is DRASTICALLY smaller than the generation whose parents told them it was ok to hate people who are different from you

6. I'm not against generalizations or judging people. Stereotypes are generally true. Bell curve man. If you know you're the exception, why get your panties in a twist? Relax brochacho.

7. It's one thing to have an opinion.

It's another thing to use finances to lobby for a really malicious cause.

I'm not even talking about keeping gay marriage illegal.

I'm referring to the backing of overseas genocide versus homosexuals through lobbying of bills locally in the US.

Where do you draw the line between having an opinion and acting upon it?

8. If there's one thing we can agree on, it's that anybody that specifically supports this should have their balls chopped off.

9. really? You've met to meet people who hate gays? Because I"m pretty sure a few of them have posted in this very thread

10. He said fear, not hate.

fear=/=hate.

I hate cats, but I'm sure as hell not afraid of them.

11. Homophobia was a word created to justify the hatred of homosexuals.

12. [quote name='"Agalloch"']Homophobia was a word created to justify the hatred of homosexuals.[/quote]

You might do some research about the actual origins... The Wikipedia article about homophobia talks about them a bit.

13. Oh... so if I don't support a person or organization who hates me for my sexuality and donates money to organizations out for the extermination of homosexuals, I am ignorant and intolerant?

[​IMG]

14. My point is, homophobia is synonymous with contempt in todays world.

15. I should boycott them for food poisoning, lol.

16. It caught on..

Attached Files:

17. #197 Eldar220, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    I want Chik-Fil-A... too bad there aren't any in my state and wont be for a while now. haha

EDIT: Read a bit more into the thread and found out some shady shit that I didn't know about... Honestly I just thought it was simply because he said he doesn't support gay marriage, but that's some fucked up shit.

18. Didnt read through all 14 pages but
    Boycotting chick fil a is stupid for the following reason.
    They are a franchise. Franchisee's pay chickfila a franchise fee to use their already successful business model. They have to pay this fee regardless of their revenue. You are literally taking NO money out of Dan Cathys pocket by boycotting. What you are doing is taking money out of the pocket of that individual store whose owner may be gay themselves, be pro gay, have gay employees etc.
    Also under the logic that supporting any company that affiliates them self with anti-gay legislation you must also never watch Fox or any of its subchannels ever again. You also need to boycott Walmart, Target, Golds Gym, DirectTV, Best Buy, 3M, Urban Outfitters, and a plethora of other companies. Makes no sense.

19. #199 DeletedUsername123, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    What do these anti-gay groups do? Very few people are gonna change their stance on gay marriage so it seems kinda pointless to me

20. Exactly. You aren't going to make a religious conservative accept gay marriage any more than you are going to convince a gay person to become straight. It's a very clear cut belief. There aren't very many "Fence Sitters" on the subject to win over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.