EverMystique's Adventure Zone

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by EverMystique1, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Welcome aboard, all who visit. I've maintained most of my first grow updates on my first thread within the Absolute Beginners section of the forum. However, I have decided it is time to bring that information forward into my very own grow journal. :p

To begin with, I will summarize my grow circumstances:
    Lighting: LED, 300W veg light, 1000W full spectrum flower
    Grow medium: Happy Frog potting soil
    Nutrients: Botanicare Growilla Veg & Bud top dress
    Ventilation: iPower 6" air scrubber
    Current strain: Sour Pez, from clones
    Veg start: Sept. 5
    Flower start: Oct. 15
    Potential Harvest Date: Dec. 3-ish

Personal circumstances:
    Why did I start growing? I am a MMJ patient. Until about 6 months ago, I couldn't even recognize a cannabis leaf. My son (age 20, #4 of 5) started trying to convince me to try MJ for pain relief over 2 years ago. Granted, he did this only because he really, REALLY wanted to see Mom get high. ha ha ha. As it turns out, I finally reached the point where I was in so much pain that I could barely sleep, and yet another prescription pain medication had caused adverse affects, adding one more to the list that I could not take.

For a quick reference:
    *HypoParaThyroidism (PARAthyroids, not thyroid--this is a rare disease, and I am rare among the rare, as mine is non-surgical, currently idiopathic, as no test has yet shown a cause).
    *Borderline anemia.
    *Anxiety & Depression
    *Gerd
    *Hiatal Hernia
    *Migraines
    *Arthritis
    *IBD
    Undiagnosed: immune system deficiency, estrogen & progesterone deficiency

As of right now, I take a daily injection, plus a minimum of 14 pills every day.

If that isn't enough to push a person toward trying alternative medication over pharmaceuticals, you might just be a little more tolerant to adverse effects than I am. :p

Now, I am off to do some copy and paste from my original thread to move those updates here.

~EM~

• Like Like x 13
  2. #2 EverMystique1, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    Day 1: Sept 5
    Day 1 Closet.jpg

Day 1 090516.jpg

Day 1 Closet outside.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. Day 7, Sept 12
    Day 7 Timer.jpg Day 7 Velcro.jpg

Day 7.jpg

Day 7 Dolly.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. Day 12, transplanting to 1 gallon pots
    Day 12.jpg

Day 12 Prep.jpg

Day 12 TP Root 2.jpg

Day 12 TP Root.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  5. Day 16:
    Day 16.jpg

Day 19:
    Day 19 Leaf.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. Day 26:
    Day 26 Fan.jpg

Day 26.jpg

Day 26 Close.jpg

Day 27:
    Day 27 Root Ball.jpg

Day 27 TP.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  7. #7 EverMystique1, Nov 2, 2016
    Day 32
    Day 32 top.jpg

Day 32 front.jpg

Day 36:
    Day 36 full.jpg

Day 36 top.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  8. Day 41, 1st day of flower:
    Day 41 E.jpg
    Day 41 D.jpg

Day 41 B.jpg
    Day 41 C.jpg
    Day 41 A.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  9. I opted to simply upload the images, rather than copying the text from those posts. If you are interested in reading the text that has led to this point in my grow, please feel free to visit 1st timer and read what has been written to date.

Meanwhile, as this grow is taking shape, I have also pulled a few clones to try my hand at that process. As I am slightly broke at this time, I am doing this almost as old school as it can be done. I have the clones in a mason jar, held in place with some aluminum foil under the ring. Clones taken: Oct. 26
    Cutting D1 102616.jpg
    I have since gone in the veg closet and rearranged them a little just so that they are all upright. When I checked them on Sunday, they are still, as of yet, without roots. Of course, I don't expect to actually see anything show up for at least another week.

This is where we stand as of right now. Perhaps I'll get some decent bid pictures this weekend.

Again, welcome aboard.
    ~EM~

• Like Like x 6
  10. I miss the old thread already...........:frown::frown::smoking-bong:

• Like Like x 3
  11. We just have to liven this one up a bit. It's still so fresh that is just echoes like an empty house.

• Like Like x 5
  12. I'm slow, but I catch on quick ;)

Subbed

~GHG~

• Like Like x 1
  13. I say we dance, like its 1999, I was much younger then, I did not dance but I would have had better luck then than now

• Like Like x 4

14. EM,

I would be surprised if you have much success with this cloning method. I suspect your stems will turn to mush in your jar, especially since the water isn't being well oxygenated. I've seen plenty of folks around the city making DIY coffee can cloners, personally I like a protein container because they are a little deeper. Cut a few little holes in the lid and fill them with some sort of sponge or scrubby pad and poke your stems in there. In the bucket you need an air stone and a very small pump. The air moving the water a bit will splash just enough to keep your stem wet, but not rot, provided the stems aren't in the water. Otherwise dome cloning in perlite or coco works quite well.

~GHG~

• Like Like x 5
  15. subbed up EM1... I'll take this ride with a "E" ticket.. :metal:

• Like Like x 5
  16. #16 GreenHardtGrower, Nov 2, 2016
    I feel for you, but I can only imagine what you go through... It's a little early in your grow career it may seem, but the ingestion of cannabinoids is far more beneficial and useful to the body than smoking them. Regardless it's all medicinal no matter what age, or how you take it in.

My goal is always to grow beautiful healthy plants, in part driven by my love for photography and life, but also for the quality medicine that cannabis produces, which I and so many others love and enjoy.

I would suggest to you, for real medicinal benefits, that you look at how to make hash caps for ingestion rather than buds for smoke.

I haven't scoured the city for info, but I know a few threads and good folks who will help light the way if your interested. Harvest comes sooner than most people realize and after they have battled the atmosphere and learned about nutrients and watering schedules, light schedules, various cannabis strains, deficiencies, toxicities etc.. suddenly you find it's time to cut the plants you've spent 4-5 months learning about and loving on, but what next?

I love to grow big beautiful plants! Not only is it emotionally and mentally soothing to be in the garden with them, smelling them and adoring them, but as a resin farmer, I realize the medicine I'm after is really mostly just in those glandular trichome heads. Sure there's oil in the rest of the plant, but it requires a solvent like butane, hexane and others to strip the oils from the plant matter along with the trichomes. Something that's a little more involved than most of us would choose to endeavor.

I've tried bubble hash... its nice, but difficult to store...

Dry ice, way easier and more bountiful, especially if you're into the hash caps and edibles. However, hash, is also some of the worlds best smoke! Full melt, bubble hash is great and even more so, is,.. a really good, dry sift hash! That's a science and a culmination of a lot of things, to get a 6 star dry sift, 99% resin head hash, lol...

• Like Like x 9
  17. I have actually spent a lot of time learning about making tinctures already, and have made one batch of successful pain cream. Now, I am waiting for materials to be able to make other items. I originally had no intention of smoking anything. However, at the urging of a few others, it was highly recommended that I try something, just so that I had an idea what to look for when titrating my dose for caps, tinctures, etc.

I am so far using PSam's recipes, and I have made some notes on BNW's caps as well. I really like using the EverClear rather than any of the toxic solvents, as I don't like the idea of having to purge those other items, and still risk having some sort of residue. Not to mention, it really is quite easy.

I don't think I'll try the dry ice hash for some time, as the weather is about to produce way more ice than I like, as it is. :p I'll wait until summer time for that.

Alrighty. I have to get up at what for me is the equivalent of the butt crack of dawn, to get my DL renewed. Yay me. LOL.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Hello, thought I'd come hang out with you.

Sent via my pet rock...

• Like Like x 6
  19. I feel compelled to share. I had what I refer to as a 'calendar event' today. In other words, I feel as if I should commemorate the event by writing it on the calendar. What happened, you ask?

I went to the DMV to renew my license, and got in and out in 8 minutes. LOL.

Of course, I stayed up way too late (almost 6 am), got up way to early (10 am alarm), grabbed a high octane coffee at Great Lakes (only the best coffee shop I've ever patronized), and then proceeded to forget to make myself eat breakfast. That all added up to a delightful calcium and sugar crash on the drive to work. So, my kid walked beside me to make sure I didn't fall down on the way to the break room after we got clocked in, then he grabbed me an orange juice and a bag of chips to chase my extra dose of meds. By the time I actually had to report to my machine, the shaking had mostly subsided. (After he and his side kick took turns making fun of me trying to feed myself while shaking like a full Parkinson's patient, that is. Pay back's hell, though. Kid tripped over his floor mat and smashed his head into the HMI on one of his machines. I made plenty fun of him when he told me about it.)

I always want to kick myself when I do stupid stuff like that. I know what will happen with those circumstances, and it happens without fail. Yet, I still allows situations like that to arise. You'd think I'd learn one of these days. LOL.

• Like Like x 6
  20. How is that baby doing?

• Like Like x 3