Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Everclear Grinder Soak..."Hash tastes like Ass"

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by B0ngMan420, Feb 9, 2018.

1. I have not been on here in forever but i figured this was the best place to ask. I have had the same space case grinder for what has to be like 10+ years. It was caked up with so much stuff that I decided to do an everclear soak (first time) and then reduce it down in using a double boiler on an electric stove.

Soaked it for a while even scraped at it a bit to get everything, even in between the threads, which honestly was gross looking and dark brown/black. Either way i got everything off it I could and was sure it was gonna be delicious even it it only fills one side of a contact lense case.

Removed the grinder pieces from the jar and strained the green alcohol mixture through coffee strainers into a pyrex bowl over a double boiler as stated above. IT SMELLED GREAT, like alcohol weed happiness.

I got distracted (stoned) and thought i might have taken it off to late so I sat the bowl on top of another bowl with ice in it. Once it cooled I scraped it all out and it was crazzzy sticky and as dark as green can be before its considered black, but I got it into a contact lense case.

Vaped some on the concentrate setting in my Ghost MV1 and all I can say is it tasted like a combo of hot garbage and sour vagina.....

...Got me sooooo ripped though LOL

Any idea why this tastes so bad, other than the fact it was a metal grinder????

2. I would hazard to guess it's because you were smoking things in addition to cannabis in that goo. You've got debris from 10+ years as well as residue from the evaporated everclear. Perhaps ISO would have given you a cleaner product.

3. Probably tasted bad cause it was really old and because of the alcohol. Also you said you may have left it too long so likely it could've gotten burnt/"overcooked" if you will.

4. Grinder hash isn't about tasting great haha. It has a very... distinct flavor to it to say the least. I've made it a number of times with ISO and Everclear and frankly it just never tastes great. Old weed, metal, possibly dust, and whatever got in the grinder ends up in there and there is no way to make 10+ years of old weed gunk taste the way it used to.

I'm thinking of making some concentrate from stems and shake I've collected over the past 6 months. It definitely works but doesn't usually taste much better than a grinder wash since its mostly stems.

5. All of this makes perfect sense and im glad Im not crazy. Definitely 99% Iso next time and I am throwing all my vaped buds and stems into a jar as well. Im sure that wont taste much better but it should tsetse better then the "Ass Hash"

Thanks all

6. Everclear shouldn't leave anything weird tasting behind. It would taste like everclear if anything

It probably tastes bad because it's long soak hash filled with chlorophyll

7. Yea that could be, im not sure what constitutes a long soak but it was in alcohol for 30 mins in the fridge and then 10 mins while i was poking at the additional goo.

it works...im smokin it...lesson learned I suppose

8. Over pretty much 30 seconds is entering a long soak.

You can't quick wash a grinder though so it's really the only option

9. yea it took a while to get some of that.

at first the aftertaste leans more toward perfumey or flowery, like in the beginning when i rip it. Then it abruptly gets more gnarly tasting as I go lol

could just be some cologne frome 2010 in there lol

10. You’re smoking it to get blazed not to recapture a ten year old flavor.
    As long as you get blazed all is well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Some people enjoy the taste of ass. I however am not one of them.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk