Ever Think About How

Discussion in 'General' started by Phloydrix, Jun 13, 2010.

1. #1 Phloydrix, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2010
    in white suburbia, learning how to ride a bike is like a rite of passage for a child? The majority of you will not use bikes for any practical purpose in your lives, but yet as children you had a desire, or sometimes your parents did, to see you learn this skill and enjoy the thrill that comes with successfully navigating this particular mode of recreation and transportation.

Learning how to ride without training wheels was one of the first milestone tests in your young life; an early challenge in which you learned to face fear, to take a leap of faith into something you've never done before, but with confidence that you can handle it. With a rush, you're off and moving, perhaps a little shaky to start.. You know the consequences of failure could be a scraped elbow, or even worse.. you could require some sesame street band aids when it's all said and done, but that doesn't discourage you. You persevere, and godammit you bike for all you're worth! What a rush! No drug could ever match that. That was pure, pre-pubescent childhood happiness before you were ever even slightly jaded toward life.

Nothing else mattered besides you and biking on the open street in front of your house where cars rarely interrupted you. Being in the street made you feel even cooler because mom always warned you to be careful about playing in the street.. You didn't even know about the stress of fitting in in high school, or SATs, or college applications, or choosing a career path.. no sir, this was before those days. You were care-free, just livin the dream..

Ever wish you could relive parts of your childhood?

2. When I was a kid I use to ride my bike constantly. It was a sense of freedom giving me the feeling that I could go anywhere or do anything without the watchful eyes of my parents. I do miss being a kid but its much more fun being an adult :devious::smoking:.

3. i still remember the moment i first rode a bike without falling off

4. I still remember the moment. I was frustrated with my inability to ride when my brother found it so easy. I'd taken far too long to learn, and my dad had lost interest in teaching me and I felt pretty useless. So one weekend I grabbed my bike and didn't stop trying till I was on top of it. I remember after the exhilaration of riding I got off my bike, then got back on and attempted it again with 100% success. Suddenly I no longer understood my inability to ride, the skill was with me. I spent the entire weekend riding up and down my driveway, I must have done it about 500 times. Go me :hello:

5. I lived on a busy street..

First time I went off by myself I was inches from getting splattered by a fucking semi, not fun.

6. #6 Misc, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2010
    I still ride my bike constantly... and what does white suburbia have anything to do with it?

Everyone should learn to ride a bike, especially if you're a city kid.

7. childhood was the best part of my life. i dont think anything could ever top it just because of how carefree and imaginative my mind was then. anything was possible and everything was mysterious and fun. life really was my drug back then...

ive read that children actually use parts of their brains that arent used by older people, then as they get older their brain is conditioned not to used those parts. its sad really.

i want to go ride my bike now lol.

8. agree except for the white suburbia thing all kids ride bikes...

kids do have it good...

but getting older brings responsibility which is also nice....