Ever kept a black widow as a pet?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by smokehound, May 16, 2012.

1. Lol I remember way back my mom freaked out when she found a terrarium in my room with carefully placed sticks to house a big quarter-sized black widow.

She was too scared to kill it. :D

Anyone else keep terrifying pets that scared the living crap out of your parents?

2. My frat house had an aquarium with a couple piranha...we'd feed them whole chickens. I don't think any parents saw it but we'd scare the shit out of kids pledging by blindfolding them and sticking their arms in another aquarium with big goldfish. Frat guys are dicks! :p

3. #3 Sunshine86, May 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
    I kept a 6" Vietnamese centipede named Fred for a while.

4. I found a really tiny scorpion while seshing on a hike, kept him and named him Kramer, had him for like a year and he got so big, but one day me and my friend were watching it battle a massive shit-spider, and we forgot him out in the sun.

5. The thought of having any spider, let alone a black widow, sends chills down my spine. What if it got out and was having a bad day? Ewww. Hate, hate, hate spiders!

6. I always felt it was pretty fucked up that people fear spiders and smash them.. Ive had worse experiences with dogs and cats!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not all spiders are scary! I see really nothing about jumping spiders that triggers the icky spider response.

It may be due to the huge head, short legs, giant eyes, and vibrant/metallic coloring.

Jumping spiders are truly amazing IMO. The fact that they display non-predatory curiosity is impressive to me. If you ever find one, try holding your hand out a foot away from it, chances are it will hop onto your hand and look you right in the eye calmly.

7. ^ so cool! i want one.

8. [quote name='"smokehound"']Lol I remember way back my mom freaked out when she found a terrarium in my room with carefully placed sticks to house a big quarter-sized black widow.

She was too scared to kill it. :D

Anyone else keep terrifying pets that scared the living crap out of your parents?[/quote]

Used to keep a black widow spider at work in a fish tank...the thing finally died so we pinned him up on the wall

9. I'd kept snakes I found as a little kid. My mom was terrified of snakes... lol I also used to put cicada skins all over my clothes and the house to freak people out.

10. Hahahaha!!!

That's fuckin great.

I remember I used to play with roaches when I was little and didn't know they carried disease. I though they were neat looking, especially those huge american cockroaches that can fly.

11. That's messed up man, I've banged a black chick before, but I don't think she was a widow. But she sure loved being my pet. ;)

12. You mean you pinned HER on the wall right?

13. [quote name='"ismokegreen"']

You mean you pinned HER on the wall right?[/quote]

Technically I think it might be an "it"

14. Nah, technically the female black widows are the big fat dangerous ones. The males are tiny and the female eats the male after they mate.

15. Had to go back and read it again.

First time I thought you were responding to Theraflu. :p :smoke:

16. No my dad did he had bout 15 they shed they had babys got loose he never touched em sine that was like 15 yrs ago.

17. I got bit by a black widow once, those things freak me out :eek:

I used to have two pet garter snakes. They were tiny but they still scared a lot of people shitless :D

18. My ball python has scared the shit out of my mom since day one.

19. I had a blackwidow as a pet when I was a kid. Kept it in one of those small lizzard plastic cage with a slottet top I got rid of it when it made a egg sack I didn't want 800 baby black widows in my room

20. No thanks.

:bolt: