Ever go back to smoke from a soda can/apple/etc for sake of nostalgia?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by GhostNeck, Apr 17, 2022.

1. I have bongs, papers, bowls, and chillums, but the other night one of my bowls broke. Ever since, Ive felt like smoking out of a can just for old times sake but I havent had the chance yet..

Any one else done this? Had access to glass/papers but went back to old teenage methods for some nostalgia?

2. I smoked a joint on newyears, that was nostalgic as fuck

3. I remember very well.. Back in high school, I bought an apple the morning, before going to school. My second class was mechanics class and me and my buddy had to smoke at lunch. So i borrowed this one guys pen to make a pipe with the apple. Watched a quick youtube tutorial. His pen got full of apple meat inside but it was too late lol. That was the time I was made to realize that the song ‘Pen Pineapple Apple Pen’ had a completely different meaning then what I heard it to be all these years.
    If you are unfamiliar;

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. "apple meat" Thats fucking great, I'll have to use that one

5. [​IMG]
    Be careful now, many new cans have an interior plastic liner, to stop them rusting
    many of todays drinks have a phosphoric acid and citric mixed in and react with aluminum

you get a lot of coffing and yuky taste you know why

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Yeah the coke can pipe was always known to kill a few cells in highschool. I never ripped them. Although I did do the whole plastic water bottle bong thing when you're on the go. Such crafty young stoners we were

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I did the can as a kid. There was no YouTube to learn just your buddy. The can sucked. We bought pipes, cheap ones.

IMHO I see no reason to go back to the can. Even for nostalgia. I did that recently with long john silver, it's best to leave some of those good memories in the past. Reliving them today can be very disappointing.

8. I made a bong out of a water bottle on lunch at work a couple months back, because my car got robbed and I didn't have a pipe. I'm 33.

And yeah it was nostalgic. But it got old quick. Haha

9. Damn man sorry about the car :( I'd be livid.

Water bottle bong has its purpose. Drunken camping is the first that comes to mind. Don't want to risk smashing a nice bong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Never needed a can. We just made mini pipes during machine shop at school. Lotta brass in those pipes so I probably wouldn't want to relive those moments.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. yeah brass and copper were the other ones to avoid, any aluminum. if it wasn't glass or heavy steel i didnt smoke out of it.

12. I typically smoke out of a 2ft beaker bong with a second side perc, when I'm traveling I usually just roll up some joints to carry with me.

That being said I had an old friend come visit over easter, and while high we had this same idea, to make a new apple bong like the one we used to use in school 25 years ago.

We each smoked one bowl out of the apple for nostalgia, and promptly realized that to us at least, the old Mcguyver pipes of our high school and college years are best remembered, not used, espcially when compared to a modern glass bong.

While the apple still has a fond place in my heart, I don't see me ever using one again unless out of absolute necessity

13. Do you get baked from a apple bong ? Or does it lose some power , interesting..
    glass always wins ehh ?
    I’ve not gone back to water bottle bongs although I smoked from one once before . I was worried about the chemicals .

14. #14 Misanthropevet, May 20, 2022
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
    I'm sure you could still get baked out of an apple, but we had already smoked a few bowls out of the glass first so not sure, but the initial rush was about as good (obviously without a condensor ring or the space to build a big pile of smoke up it took 2-3 apple bowls to get a similar initial head rush. We were smoking horchata strain

Typically though I've used my regular bong enough that I can just eyeball how much to fill the bowl that I can get one giant max hit off it and clear the whole thing, then load up again.

I am sure of this though, if you are smoking good weed, the flavor comes through much better with clean glass, but then again I love the taste and smell of most all good strains I've tried.

This is my go-to bong, nothing special, it was just used for a few heavy sessions last night (I work from home fridays), but typically this is the dirtiest I'll let my glass get before cleaning, typically just 2 end caps, some formula 420 or similar product, 30-45 seconds of shaking and a 2-3 minute rinse (nothing to me tastes worse than smoke thru bong water with residual soap or cleaner)

Distilled or at least decent quality bong water helps too

Soldering iron also gives (to me) way cleaner taste than lighters as well, but I've been working with electronics most of my life and am familiar with it. Most importantly make sure you have a clean soldering iron head just for weed, NEVER USE A SOLDERING IRON HEAD FOR WEED THAT HAS BEEN USED WITH ACTUAL SOLDER OR FOR BURNING ANYTHING ELSE. Also be careful as hell you don't burn down your garage / shed/ basement with it.

Discliamer, all of the above is pure bro science, so take with a grain of salt

Attached Files: