Ever found anything creepy or weird in the woods?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Deleted member 985876, Mar 8, 2019.

1. I grew up in Oregon so I was ways in the forest. Once i found a rotten box of pears.

• Like Like x 1
  2. This is the spot, 9265494_orig.jpg 2015-08-24-18.57.30-1024x576.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. There was a spot called Albino road, bout 20 miles south of the gates of hell. The urban legend here was that some albino kid was tied to the tracks and killed by the train.

The tracks were gone but you could see where the once were. Legend was, if you drive past the tracks and put the car in neutral, your car gets pushed uphill on the tracks.

It wasnt a steep grade, but sonofabitch if we didnt get all out of the car and walk along with it as it rolled uphill on its own.

I even got it and hit the brakes to stop it, and when i let off it slowwwwwly started rolling uphill again.

The actually regraded it and got rid of the berm cuz the people that lived near there were tired of people out there all the time.

I dunno what it was, but i saw a 96 impala ss disobey the laws of physics lol.

• Like Like x 2
  4. In 1977 myself and 3 friends saw a bigfoot up close and personal (20 feet away. No, it wasn't a bear) but what you heard was probably skin walker.

Sasquatch is a pretty quiet creature. I think they rely on stealth (I'm sure they can be loud though if need be)
    The one we saw didn't make a peep but we did as we shat ourselves and ran like little girls.

A skin walker is a native American shaman who practices evil instead of good. In order to keep his evil power, he must sacrifice humans. He must kill, eat, and skin his (human) prey. A small bit of the victims skin must be worn at all times. Hence, skin walker...
    They are the supposed source of these spine tingling, hair raising screams that come from within the forest.

There are some eye witnesses even in this day and age. I say "some" because most don't live to tell about it.

So there's a nice bedtime story for the kids next time you're all sitting around the fire... In the woods... Camping.... With the skin walker....
    mwahahahahaha...

• Like Like x 2
  5. I was on a backpacking trip in Cherokee Nat'l Forest & came across a forgotten cemetery that had been completely taken over by the forest. I was using a 7.5 minute topo map & compass to navigate & was in an area without any marked trails, just bushwhacking & right at dark, I saw the tombstones in the trees.

DSCN0455.JPG DSCN0319.JPG DSCN0449.JPG DSCN0452.JPG DSCN0450.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  6. Ohhh!! Around age 10 We found what we thought was an old pickle jar with a pickle in it, down in a creek. My buddy threw it against a rock to break it. Cuz ya know, unsupervised 10 year olds and glass.... but it was a finger in formaldehyde!!

Ill never forget my buddy Greg yellin "oh my god its a finger!!" And we all just took off screamin in terror lol. We told a Dad about it but when we went back the finger was gone, 4-5 hrs had elapsed so i suppose some scavenger came along. Prob a nasty ass possum lol

Im prob gonna have more stories as i keep gettin reminded of stuff. All me and my friends did was explore the woods nearly every day of summer.

Where i grew up was once 300 acres of woods with single cabin on it. What is now a paved street with houses on both sides was once a single narrow dirt road back to a cabin.

The cabin was actually a speak easy during alcohol prohibition. It was kinda owned by a guy named Buster Wortman who yall can google if you want. He worked for Capone. Lord knows what all could be buried around there.

But most of those woods are gone now :frown: turned into a golf course....
    If it bleeds, we can kill it

• Like Like x 3
  7. #27 Lemonfox69, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    I found a human once. Hella creeped me out. Scared all the animals away too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I’ve got two things as far as “weird and Woods” go but I’m getting ready for work so maybe just one for now.

I can’t get into it but a friend of mine and I decided to use these little tiny pieces of paper type things and go for a hike way out on a day off. This was a very intense day, ummm, trip. A day trip lol.

Anyhow, we’re out in the middle of nowhere just enjoying the hell out of our day-trip and my buddy grabs me and says “dude - behind us!”

I turn around in time to see some raggedy bearded dude ducking behind a tree - WTF!?

I stand my ground and yell “hey - what the hell - who are you and wtf do you want??”

Man - this totally wild looking guy sticks his head up, wearing total rags, dirty, unshaven, looks like he’s been out there for a very long time and comes up to us - we are both totally weirded out and this crazy guys says -

“Hey - you guys got any drugs??!”

“Fucking NO!! Get the fuck away from us!!”

True story - it’s crazy the crazy people you’ll meet when you least expect it.

Next story is even better in my opinion but Has to be later.

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Dude -

Why must you LIE

There is no real proof human beings exist.

Pics or it didn’t happen.

J

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I found a deer that someone decided to paint... That was ummm nice

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dude - wtf...

There’s so many starving people out there and here you are throwing away perfectly good food.

For shame Annicus.

J

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I found myself in the woods.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. It was kinda rotting already so yeah... I think it was a good decision. It was plumping and smelled kinda weird. Nobody else would touch it.....tough boys appearantly

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hopefully I can find some more neat odd things outdoors soon.

I need a new lone venture. I've done a lot of urban exploring lately and it's not as blissful but, rather more expensive yet convenient.

Summer is coming soon and that means it's all green.

15. I think I would’ve shit my pants and passed out if I stumbled upon this.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  16. Back in Jamaica my dad used to take me for walks in the mountains and we seen a place where someone had been sacrificing animals for some reason. We thought it was probably something to do with Obeah (voodoo)

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. You have nothing to fear from the dead, it's the living against which you must be forever vigilant.

18. That's not creepy, that's just gross lol. You touched & examined it?

19. Deer hunting in Utah ..
    I was hunting about twenty miles from Helper Utah north of Indian canyon a wooded area .
    I was walking in a ravine next to a small creek and smelled something dead .
    I am looking around and cant see anything that would cause such a smell .
    Where I am at is narrow with steep mountains on each side.
    One side more like cliff with a big tree right beside it .
    I don't know what kind of tree it was but it wasn't a evergreen , more like a oak tree ...
    I look up and there is a big Buck ,, hanging about twenty to twenty five feet hanging in this tree ?
    At first it scared me , the deer's antlers were wedged in a yoke of a branch and I am trying to figure out how in the fuck this deer got up there .
    Best I can figure if this is even possible that this buck for what ever reasons jumped off the side of the mountain right beside this tree and got his antler caught in the yoke of this tree ..

But this deer hanging from the tree made me feel nervous or spooked so I moved on .
    It was a nice rack and I was tempted to clime the tree and cut the dead deer down for the rack .

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hunting close to Jackson hole Wyo .
    First day spent 4 hrs in a stream getting my land cruiser out of it ..
    Second day hiked up this mountain looking for elk ..and was dog ass tired .
    That night my best friend and I are in a large outfitters tent .
    More like room then a tent and the size I am guessing was 20x10 sq foot tent .
    We had folding cots and a big propane gas heater , picnic table and all kinds of food and beer and weed .
    We are kicking it in our long johns , passing a joint back and forth and drinking mixed drinks .
    When I hear a something outside the tent ,, it was raining and what I heard sounded like some animal pulling its hoof out of the mud ..
    Booth me and my friend heard the noise ,, so we booth have out rifles and flash lights in our long johns , me with a joint in my mouth opened up the door flap to the tent .
    Its super dark and foggy or misty and raining ,,, cant see shit but hear animals breathing and I can smell wet animal ..and can hear animals ,, not walking but like breathing and shifting around in the mud .

Me and my friend both turn our flashlights on about the same time or they were on when we opened the tent flaps I don't remember exactly .
    Its all eyes ,, at the very outward perimeter of what our flashlights would shine it was all the reflection of animal eyes ..Allot of eyes …
    Me thinking its elk I have my 338 magnum to my shoulder ,, I am ready to shoot ..
    Fuck it if some herd of elk wants to wander into my camp , I guess I am game ..
    Only issue is I don't know its elk ! all I can see is a bunch of animals eyes reflection from our flash lights ..

I hear someone saying/yelling don't shoot don't shoot ..but its not said well or who ever is saying that doesn't speak fluent English .
    I relax , and then about 40 horse back riders ride into our camp ..
    Only a few speak enough English so me and my friend can understand whats going on .
    They are from Norway ! tourists that went to a dude ranch and took a horse back trip , got separated from the guild and got lost .
    Three or four of them were sick ,,, it was wet and cold .. all these people were wet and cold .
    Got their horses tired up and got them in our tent .it made one muddy mess out of the tent .

My friend and I got dressed , I loaded people into my land cruise ,, I don't remember how man and drove them about ten miles down the road to the dude ranch ..
    the dude ranch sent up a school style bus and cowboys to get the people back and the horses down the mountain ..
    Scary ,, the unknown is usually scary ,, scary part for me is I had my finger on the trigger .

• Like Like x 1