Ever found anything creepy or weird in the woods?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Deleted member 985876, Mar 8, 2019.

1. One time me and some buddies were finding a place to smoke some bud somewhere new.

So we decided to hike up a mountain where lots of people are known to go missing mysteriously.

6 miles in off trail and we find an old tombstone with a cross built on top of it. Surrounding it was rusty old beer cans and an old pipe.

The cans were older than us and the pipe looked like it got some good use back in its day.

What's the creepiest thing you ever found while in the woods?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Old abandoned house. Like really abandoned. Everything falling apart. And "the creepy part", there was a chapel near this house, also rusty and in extremely bad condition. Maybe it doesn't sound scary, but seeing this in the middle of the night definitely doesn't feel right :hide:

• Like Like x 4
  3. I found a half eaten elk carcass once while hiking.

I also found a black garbage bag full of dirty underwear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Found a dead deer and bloody underwear so nothing unusual

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. only animal skulls

• Like Like x 2
  6. Oh! When I was getting to a rave and walking I found a plastic milk crate could covered in spray paint and marbles.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Use to be a forested area behind my house that connected to a park. When I got to many leaves for my compost bin I’d dump wheel barrels full in the forest behind my place. One day I found a pair of my wife’s panties back there with 2 used condoms next to them.
    Not sure how the perv got my wife’s underwear she was confused too.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Camped on the Olympic Peninsula w GF at the time swear to this day i heard sasquatch howls, or something unknown

...im from the midwest but ive hunted alaska and grown up playing in the woods from a small boy. I know my surroundings and know calls of animals on multiple continents.

my heart is pounding typing this cuz just thinkin about it is trippy. Whatever it was is the most blood curdling sound ive ever heard in my life, and if you knew the shit i have seen and survived youd know im serious.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Old shack with old Indian living in it he took shits on prices of newspapers under his bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Dry Sift Box and The Clamshell

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Came across some bodies in the woods...

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Right where I left them

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. A creepy old shack.
    A big pit with old cars and refrigerators. (not uncommon around here but usually there's a road nearby)
    My sister claims to have seen a wiccan lady carrying a cross made of corn stalks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. One day, we went to ride dirt bikes in a more rural area. We ran out of gas and by some luck ended up at a classmates house, he let us park the bikes and let me and my brother and cousin use some bicycles to get to the gas station, but then he’s like y’all wanna see the the devil. We’re like hell no, but then like fuck it, it ain’t real. So we get to going through the woods and a big ass hill (it’s flat where I’m from) an old mill or some shit, well we get right past the building and get distracted by these little reptiles scurrying about. I’d never seen anything besides a snake or two, bearded dragons,... pets. Well these little things are like big insect size. We’re chasing and catching them little shits and comparing catches and then there’s something running fast back and forth in the evergreens. Theb somebody screamed at whatever it was, it started sounding as if we’re getting closer. We take off up the hill past the building to the bicycles, I never looked back. I got on the bike to ride away and something big flew overhead. We got out of there screaming like banshees the whole way.

• Like Like x 4
  13. I found a dead cat once so I picked it up and threw it into the lake.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. #14 PopeyeSpinach, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Ya know i gotta come back and tell one i didnt think of....

When I was about eight or nine we were out walking through the woods. Deep wooded areas you can walk through all day and not see anything.

Well we saw smoke way off in the distance so decided to see what it was. Took his about 2 hours of walking to find it. So we get to this area where a 4 foot diameter hole with smoke coming out is.

I remember we walked up to the edge of the hole and looked down and it and it just looked like orange glowing fire and a giant pit. We backed away from the hole as we realized if it the dirt gave way, we were going to be falling into a giant pit of fire

Still this day we talked about it, it looked like we were looking down into a pit into hell.

We think somebody must have been burning trees or something and had a ginormous fire pit the size of a house and then covered it up with dirt.

But it was definitely weird finding a pit of fire to hell in the middle of nowhere in the Woods.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Sounds like minecraft, lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1

16. There's a series of olllld train Trussell in the backcountry area where I live. The nickname for em is the gates of hell. There's a lot of folkloric urban legends that surround them.

Bout age 17 we were out driving through them one night. And there's two that are real close together, only about 60 yards apart down a dark Valley by a creek.

Well we had the windows down, and a buddy of mine yells "here devil devil" and we all heard "devil devil whoooo" along with the sound of dragging chains... so weird

I remember reaching to turn the stereo down but it was off, in fact everyone watched me reach for it cuz they thought the same....

Anyway, everyones like FUUUUUUUCCCC GOOOOOOOOO so i let the horses of the 98 ford Taurus run... so we gotta go under a Trussell to get out from between, and just as we emerge onto the main road out i hear " somethings next to the car" i hear screaming from my boys and look over and sure as shit i see what i describe as a shadow the size of a bear, about 20 feet off the shoulder, moving parallel with us.... i remember yellin "fuck you, fuck you!", over and over, and flooring the car and refusing to look anywhere but straight ahead... evidently whatever it was cant go over 60

They actually closed that section due to people stopping back in there and OD'ing, suicides, rumors of rapes, and urban legends of murders and atrocities to slaves in same spot. So its definitely got some dark energy there...

This all happend within like 30 seconds, maybe 15.....

• Like Like x 6
  17. I never played minecratft lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Long story short there's spots of "surface lava" you can fall into if you don't watch your step.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Someone should make a film about it. Sounds like a real good scary story that could be turned into a horror movie.

• Like Like x 2
  20. #20 Deleted member 940351, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2019
    The corpse of a horse in an abandoned house left there, so obviously someone killed it and hid it in the lower floor of the property (basement).

Can't think of anything else at the moment, but I have other stories for sure.

• Like Like x 2