Ever dreaded flush to no flush question..

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by kreeves88, May 15, 2018.

1. sup y’all. Been readin forum after forum on the topic of pre harvest flushing.

One side says it’s essential the other says it potentially damaging to end results or pointless.

After researching And trial and error I’ve discovered that the more logical and self proven results have been more reliable in flushing.

I’m talking hydro not soil.

I use General Hydroponics FloraKleen Product with ph’d down tap water. My Ppms after the flush are at 300.

I don’t want to get into a debate about science or preference. There’s only one preference. When you walk into a collective to get some nug you know the scent you’re looking for.. everyone knows it. When you get home and load it into your smoking device and taste it, most cases it will turn out similar to when you purchased it. My first grows would come out like hay/alfalfa smell with perfect drying/curing procedures and conditions.done properly with a flush and it makes all the difference in your final outcome of taste scent and burn effect.

Not here to lie to you... which I must admit.. I do get the feeling that others intentionally and unintentionally do lie in posts online to sabotage someone’s crop for whatever reason. Could be that the person giving false information just doesn’t know any better.

What I do know is that marijuana plants are very resilient and react in unusual ways to training, stress, nutrients and all types of it’s environmental surroundings. For example when a plant starts to feel like it’s dying.. it may start to produce pollen and seed in an attempt to replant itself and avoid its dna lineage from being non existent.. lol. This is meraculous!!

When depriving the roots in a hydroponics system the nutrients it’s known it’s whole life to feed of.. it causes stress..( yellowing of leaves and falling off) more so the fruit(nugs) also AGAIN attempts to avoid the pains and stresses of hunger and potential death of starvation by calling for stored nutrients to be sucked up through the source of roots and stems and some leaves back into the nugs like it was used to receiving.. this process will only last so long successfully for the fighting fruits..

My theory is that during vegetation and flower.. certain nutrients that were unable to enter the bud are consumed as a default food source due to flushing a dropping ppms down.

This is my personal opinion on the matter and it came from tireless effort of avoiding Hayweed after 5 months of care and love.

Ps I also notice trichome production change to amber gradually faster with a pre harvest flush before 24-48 hours of darkness before chopping.. please feel free to chime in.

2. The debate of flush vs no flush seems to be more between soil growers then hydro.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Understood. But I believe the same genetic principles apply.. on a slightly different time scale.

4. Flushing has nothing to do with genetic principles. All flushing soil does is remove salts and nutrients from the soil. It does not remove anything from the actual plant. By removing it from the soil its not there for the plant to uptake. This can also be easily achieved by learning when to stop feeding so the nutrients arent there to uptake, making flushing soil uneccessary.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Yeah i dont flush iether. Im in nft and just keep the ppm of the res slightly dropping all the way. I give it 2 days of just water before the chop but thats it. The plants stop taking as much nutes about a month before the end so my feed strength goes down pretty quickly and ends on 300 for the last 2 weeks. No leaves turning yellow and its always smooth as :) most if the weight comes on in the last 2 weeks so i dont get why folk want to starve it completely.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I flush every ten days when I drain and change the water and clean the filters and add new nutrients
    You have to remove the salts from the system ……. they have no other place to go besides into the grow medium and your plants .

But each their own .