Ever been in a psych ward?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Wooker T Brahshington, Feb 11, 2014.

1. respect!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Respect what's he's been through and overcome. Not what he did.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Being in a psych ward was interesting. I made good friends but struggled even more with the personal issues. Fought with the staff, ran away and had the cops bring me back. I laughed but mostly stayed numb throughout my stay.
    Respect for everyone who's going through and has been through these issues ❤❤❤

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

4. Big difference between a state ward and one for profit, state hospital have real crazy people ones that can't miss thier meds and ones for profit that are insurance scams depression addiction bs like that

5. I've been in both in two different states just learn the game they want u to it will be over soon enough

6. I've been twice thanks to SSRI induced hypomania. Luckily im off that crap now.

During both times I was feeling very overwhelmed with life in general so for me it was like a reality check that things weren't so bad out here.

7. Lol did I ask for your two cents? Didnt think so.

8. the fuck? Who do you think you are? Telling me how I should respect him? If its not your business stay out of it! If I wanted your two sense I would have asked.

9. Respect these nuts, hoe ass nigga

10. respect isnt given, its earned. It'll be awhile until you earn my respect

11. :( okay

12. Picture Joker from Batman Laughing his ass off in a straight jacket in a padded room.

13. Yup. When I was like 14, it was because my parents were fucking crazy and couldn't handle a 14 year old doing typical 14 year old shit like smoking and drinking lol. I got drunk at a friend's house then went to hang out with this chick from school, got home and my mom saw I was drunk and called the police. She pushed for a 72 hour hold saying I was mentally unstable, but in reality she didn't want to put me in jail for being a bad kid but still wanted to punish me. We had damn good insurance that covered it completely too.

Met some cool people, half were there on a hold because of drugs and were headed to rehab, there was a few legit crazy motherfuckers though. I made friends with this kid and we just hung out for a few days. I got out and life went on. Well, I couldnt own a firearm until I was 19 :laughing:

14. All I did was take 4 antidepressants and drink 3 beers. Now I was given the young adult dosage, 100 mg, and the adult dosage is 300 mg. So really I only overdosed by 100 mg. And technically an overdose is any amount you take over the recommended use, not necessarily getting fucked up. And the three beers aren't significant. I got caught because I went to band two hours later. Guess I couldnt walk straight lol. I was asked to stay home, set up a meeting with a counselor... was sent to a crisis prevention program for 7 fucking days. Because it was a "suicide attempt." Bullshit if I was suicidal I'd take the whole bottle of pills

Sent from my PRO7D using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Not sure if its just me but if my mom did this to me, I'd have a huge grudge against her.

16. There was this one kid when I was in there, that got bullied and like people kept poking him and shit. So the kid finally snapped and started shanking bullies with pencils and shit. He was always in there twitching and shit. That was the only really crazy dude when I went.

I was in one when I was 15 so it wasn't really anything like that. Given that we were all teenagers. They were definitely interesting people and nobody really felt uncomfortable around any of the others which was a totally strange feeling. You all knew you were fucked up people in the head and you gained a kind of solidarity surrounding that.

There was a 12 year old boy with anorexia, there was a guy the same age as me with anger issues, one black dude and I have to this day NO IDEA what was wrong with him, since he always seemed happy. The most common was my issue of depression amongst the majority of us.

You drew pictures, you went to their school, you played games, did puzzles, saw psychologists, the works really. I think it was really good for me and helped me break out of my vicious cycles. I stayed there for two weeks and eventually was allowed to return home. I've only told two of my friends about this experience and they were both pretty supportive.

I'd really like to see one of the faces I saw there again though. Pretty sure one of the girls was keen.

18. #38 Novus Ordo Seclorum, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    I tried to commit suicide when I was 16. Immediately taken to the psych ward where I slept non stop for 3 days straight. I hated being confined to a little room. The beds sucked ass. My pillow was hard. Food sucked. $7,000 later I still wanted to commit suicide. Q

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. #39 SiriusWolff, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    2 times. 1-2.5 week stays. First time i went in voluntarily since i was feeling suicidal/murderous. Second time is i took 48mg of Xanax and drank 3 Colt 45 Blasts. I had resigned and was ready to kick off figured i'd go out comfy. I was found in front of my parents house in my car. It was running and half in the street. I was out with my face/shoulders on the driveway ass still in the seat. My mom is an LPN and works at a surgical group. She said she thought i was dead or wouldn't make it. I was comatose for 3 days after and was a blip away from death they said i could have died before or during transport my pulse went in and out and was barely breathing. My soul spent those 3 days in what i can best describe as purgatory. Felt like punishment and a lesson i'd deal with until i was ready to be reincarnated. Woke up 5 days later eating breakfast in the ward. That's a hell of a trip. You drink a bottle of pills and wake up a week later in a hospital drinking coffee. I spent 2 weeks or so that time. It was quite uneventful i knew the routine and did my time and got out. The first time was way more rough with a few psychotic breaks and near murder experiences. I don't feel like typing out but it was hell. I have a serious issue with confinement i'm agoraphobic so being trapped without chance of freedom and having to do what your told and take those pills or else you'd never get out. Recipe for me to kill or freak out.

20. Worked in a hospital with 3 pscyh wards. Some people were mellowed out didn't even look at you or speak to you but others would crawl everywhere or try to steal your tools which was fairly dodgy. Not nice places but i'd take one over a care home any day

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum