EU Plans to Prosecute Microsoft On More Antitrust Charges

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nfs924, Jun 12, 2009.

1. #1 nfs924, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
    Anyone understand how something like this can even happen? The worst part is, Microsoft has been dealing with this for YEARS.

http://www.dailytech.com/EU+Plans+to+Prosecute+Microsoft+On+More+Antitrust+Charges+Despite+IE+Decision/article15403.htm

Apparently the European Commission is angry that Internet Explorer is included with Windows. But they aren't angry that Safari is included with Mac OS.

The EC wants to force Microsoft to bundle Windows with Opera, Firefox, Chrome or Safari; all a choice during the installation. Because it's impossible to make that choice after installation, right?

My views are that no one is forcing you to use Windows OR Internet Explorer; they don't have a valid point at all. The fact that they can fine Microsoft for doing this upsets me greatly. They are wrong for trying to force Microsoft to abide by their harsh restrictions. What gives them this right? That is a rhetorical question, because they don't. I honestly feel sorry that Microsoft has to deal with this crap, they are only trying to sell their product.

Now, I'll sit back and wait for all the Mac fans to gang up on me :p

2. People actually own macs?

Anywho I don't really understand, Is it like to prevent some monopoly or something?