Ethical Dilemma, How would've you reacted?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by lilsmokey22, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Hello Blades

A few weeks earlier, a good friend of mine,Esteban, and myself were enjoying a nice toke out of my no name GonG bong. I was pulling the bowl out to clear the thing, bobbled it a little before dropping it. Needless to say the bowl was smashed and the sesh was over. Two weeks later, after picking up a few shifts at the restaurant i work at, i was able to make the trip to the local head shop and pick up a new bowl.

Esteban, my friend who was present for the breaking of the bowl decided to make the trip with me. We entered the store and began perusing through the stores collection of replacement bowls and ash-catchers. After deciding on a nice brown ash-catcher bowl combo i was ready to make my purchase. With tax the bowl cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $39, when i looked in my wallet I only had $35. I looked at the store keeper, and older gentleman, and told him i would run to my car to grab some change, he was kind enough to offer a $2 discount so i only had to find a little change. I handed the $35 to my friend Esteban, and ran out to my truck. After collecting $1.90 in change i headed back to the store. I put the change on the counter, and was told by the attendant that we were good. My friend and I, thrilled with the purchase, headed outside got in my truck and drove away.

As we were heading to my apartment, Esteban noticed that his pocket was bulging quite alot. He put his hand in there, and low and behold, pulled out my $37. At first we were quite shocked, but quickly realized what we had to do. I pulled into a gas station, turned around, drove back to the head shop, and gave the old man the money i owed him.

Personally, I probably would have been guilty everytime i used my new bowl, had i not payed for it. Also, being a fan of karma I'm hoping that this sends some good vibes my way.

So i ask you this blades, had you been in this situation, how would you have reacted?

2. You did the right thing man.

3. It was only 37 dollars, I would have done the same thing.

4. That is fucking awesome of you!:)

5. Yeah you did the right thing,businesses are getting fucked enough these days.

6. Karma Rules man! I know I'm Hindu YEa!

7. Bet you that guy that sold you that smokes weed. He would have to be hella stoned to think $2 is the same as $39. But you did the right thing. If the guy was a jackass on the other hand...

8. I was in a semi-hick town at a demodurby and I wanted something to eat. Went to the consession stand and while I was in line, noticed I only had 50s. When I got to the front the first thing I asked was "Can you guys break a 50?" The teenaged girl working the registered said "Sure thing!" I order about $6 worth of crap, gave her the fifty and started to munch on some fries I got while she was making change. I guess she was kind of in a rush and didnt notice, but when she was making change she got 4 20s and 2 1s instead of the other way around. She handed me the bills with the 1s face up, I smiled said "Thanks" and left.

Made $40 that night, that's a free quad!

9. i love to hear stories like this, you did the right thing man, i wouldve done the same in that situation!
    :)

10. A head shop really aint the kind of business that should be fucked with. Losing one piece like that probably wouldn't hurt too much, but if people got away with that often it could hurt them pretty easily.

You did the right thing.

11. You did the wrong thing. You could have gotten a bowl for $1.90.

12. Karma works for you when you believe in it.

13. thats so honorable of you, karma will work in ur favor

14. Perhaps there is hope for humanity..

15. I have several accounts at the United Bank Of Karma, and I would have done the same thing!
    I would have given you more rep, but I cant! Good on you.:D

16. Although I probably wouldnt have turned around and went back, you did do the right thing. I just really dont see how the fuck the guy didnt realize you didnt even pay him?

17. what did the old man in the shop say?

18. Hello again friends.

As I returned to the store, the Old man eyed me with some suspicion, and told me how happy he was we came back. Apparently he came running out after us, but we had already left. He didn't seem grateful at all, and i was a little disappointed in getting no reward from him. However, I didn't feel right asking for one.

Thanks For the rep guys and girls

19. This post gives me some hope.

I see so many douchebags, so many assholes waiting to rip you off and take advantage of you and it's sad that sometimes it gets to me and I lose hope in the world.

It's little things like this that give me some satisfaction. Seeing somone who's on the right side of the moral scale, who actually did the right thing in even a small situation about 37 dollars.

God bless you friend and may only good karma and good things come your way. :wave:

20. You did do that right and good thing, but there's one thing bothering me

In mostly every post I see about this kind of stuff, there's always a 'I did it so hopefully I can get good karma' or w/e the wording is. It seems that no one just does it because they are a good person and it's the right thing, they just do it because they would get it in return if they didn't

It makes you think about the real motives, you know? I'm not trying to insult you or anyone btw, just pondering

it just seems people do the good thing for themselves, not others, but then again selfishness is one of the main traits of humans haha