Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Essay

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by talllax, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Hey guys, for my freshman english class, i was assigned to write an argumentative research paper on a topic of my choice. (abortion, gun laws, etc) I plan on writing about the legalization of marijuana and I really want to make this a good paper because i feel as though there is a lot of material that i can discuss and points i can make, and i am having trouble deciding what topics i should discuss, health issues, reasons for it being illegal, etc. My question is what do you feel are the top three reasons that marijuana should be legalized? Obviously not things like, getting stoned is fun... I just want to see what others think are the most important logical reasons

2. #2 frankincense, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
  3. 1. income from marijuana would be outrageous. We as people who would buy it could potentially pull our government out of debt. (can include clothes, hemp string, etc.)
    2. The medicinal purposes of it and how it can benefet our society as a whole and for the better.
    3. Attitude and reactions from the american people would most likely change on the subject of marijuana. do you know how many people there actually are that still believe the governments bullshit lies? if the government comes out and explains in detail everything that can come from the legalization of marijuana, then those people will totally 180 their thoughts on the drug.

And on a side note: i seriously think that our attitude and demeanor as a society, will change for the better. people need to realize that marijuana can benefit so many people in so many ways.

4. not trying to be dumb or anything but if your a freshman your like 14 and people are gonna bitch. just edit it before someone decides to snitch to a mod. but gl with the essay.

5. hes a freshman in college. do you know any 15 year olds who get homework like that? :mad:

6. That should help you a lot.

7. You're being dumb and ignorant by assuming he's in high school where he could very easily be in college. :/

This sounds like an essay college level wise too.

8. hello blunt. how are you today?

P.S. OP tell us what you decide.

9. I would watch The Union and go to norml.com

but in my opinion i would change your topics.
    when i was a freshmen in college I tried to do an essay on legalization and my professor said it was 1 out of about 300 he had to read on that topic.
    needless to say he wasn't please and he graded more strict because he was so upset that we couldn't be more creative

10. Although The Union is definately a good movie, there are some omissions, and other discrepancies. Just don't take it as 100% fact.

11. '

College.

Watch "The Union" and take notes during the movie, sounds lame but it will help. You can get some great info from one source right there.

12. Having had several college classes of the English variety I'd whole heartedly recomend that you NOT do your paper on the Legalization of Marijuana. It's frankly over done, your teacher will likely have read at least twenty to thirty such papers, the last thing you want to do is to bore the person grading you. There are plenty of other topics you could chose from, I recently did a paper on concealed carry permits(Go go guns!:smoke:). Do something you are less familiar with, it will help you create a stronger essay.