Espoma organic products, do they need to flushed?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by DeLySiDian, Oct 7, 2017.

1. I decided, kinda late at that, to toss on some espoma organic (I think tomato tone 3-4-6) a few weeks into flowering.

Im wondering whether I need to flush this stuff out before harvest or not, being that it is organic and the feeding schedule for it is only ONCE in the spring, ONCE in the fall. I've honestly never used anything like it before and I barely sprinkled much on to begin with (probably about 1/5th of the amount you are supposed to use) just because Im unsure of how to use the product to begin with, and I was already feeding with half-strength molasses every other watering.

Im pretty new to using organic products like this in general, even the molasses I've never used so I'm feeling pretty newbish to it all. Plants are looking healthy as shit though.

Im wondering all of this because I have one plant that is extremely close to harvest, and Im not sure whether I should wait a little longer or if I can just lop the sucker as is, with these organic nutes still in it...if it makes that much of a difference.

2. barring toxicity symptoms there is no need to flush organics.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thank you VERY much. It was difficult to find much information on this particular topic. Im just about ready to hack it. Think Im gonna give it just a few more days maybe. It also has a bit of molasses and brown sugar in it, but that shouldnt really have an effect either, right?

Figure this is stuff that would normally be in the soil at all times, naturally...so there's really not much to have any concern about. Everything is natural. Atleast that is my first thought anyway. But I have read one source that said even organics need to be flushed, and that didn't make much sense with this product in particular, being that it is a one-time feed that lasts weeks, if not months.

4. anyone telling you organics need to be flushed as a rule, doesn't really understand how organic growing works IMHO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2