Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Escape

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by smoke_the_dank, Mar 11, 2005.

1. why do we feel the need to escape?
    what are we escaping from?

why does our natural state of sobriety not cut it?

I honestly cant stand being sober, and thats fucking sad. I live a great life, and im gifted in many ways. but really that doesnt change my perception of myself Im still a piece of shit in my own mind.
    drugs bring relief for a while.
    but I dont understand what they releave.

why is life not good enough? even a good life just becomes normal, and is taken for granted.
    here I am, in the best fucking state (IMO) in the best fucking country (IMO), living comfortably, driving my truck, eating my food when I want, and having countless forms of entertainment at my disposal.
    I take it all for granted. what a fucking whiney ass pussy I am, people are starving to DEATH, and I cant find happiness in all of the comforts Ive been given.

Im slowly realizing that I need to go down. all the way down to the bottom.
    I will take the shit for granted unless I really know what its like to just LIVE, and thats it. no car, no money, no luxary, just life.

where is happiness? it cant be in drugs.
    It cant be goals, as they are reached, and forgotten. you get their yet its still not enough.
    Its not love, love is temporary

I dont really know what the point of this thread is.

has anyone met someone who was truly happy?
    are we all just fucking doomed to sit here amongst all this beauty, destroying it with our human appatites?

In some ways I wish I would have stayed ignorant, and not fucked with drugs. once you do drugs, it takes away from normal everyday life.

2. I know where your comming from...

People who do drugs are people who don't accept our society today. If we ACTUALLY lived NATURALLY like we are supposed to, we'd just be running around naked thinking about how beautiful the world is and enjoying eachother. If you just think about it, we are far from what in my opinion we are supposed to be doing. All the average person thinks about today is money, work, school, what's on the news, sports, reality tv shows... you know. Everyone is living in they're own little fucking fantasy world and they wouldn't even dare to question the safe aura that the government projects. People today are just overly influenced sheep. We are being controlled 24 hours a day mentally and even emotionaly. Generally people are aware to some degree that the media influences you, but no one really realises how much it does. Everyone is living an elaborate distraction. I mean, you NEED money to survive. Just think about that. You need a special kind of piece of paper that the goverment prints in a factory just to survive. You DIE without money. If that's not completly sick then I don't know what is. I can't really explain things like this very well but basically marijuana is just kind of making you let go and giving your head a fucking break. The things you think about when you're high, you would think about all the time if we didn't live in the society we live in today. Not THE WAY you think, but the things you think about.

As I said it's really hard for me to explain things like this but I hope you catch my drift.

3. Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with with your self esteem. - Kurt Cobain

Drugs give you a different way to look at life, so that maybe you can live it better. If you are constantly fucked up, I'd say you have a problem, life wasn't meant to be lived that way, lifes about variety, learning new things, trying new things, doing things a different way...
    I think drugs get a bad wrap, nothing wrong with taking a substance to experience things in a new way, and look at things in a new way..

what are we escaping from? ...

monotony..

4. ironic coming from a heroin addict, eh?

KC kicked so much ass I cant even begin to explain it... so i wont try... its like trying to describe what a higher dimension looks like...

and cube... :smoking:

5. thanks for the input.

Kurt definetly kicked major ass. hopefully I last longer than he did.

6. Simply put, in my opinion, hegemony. We are conditioned by social constructs to accept our position in life. Like Marx said, "religion is the opium of the masses". Human beings can not be completely happy with a master slave dialect, yet since the hegemonic process has taken thousands of years no one questions their role/position in life, let alone change it, instead we take comfort in meaningless commodities.... and drugs.

Obviously oppression (unconcious though it may be) is not the only contributing factor but in my mind it is the prime degrader of human happiness/freedom which systemically brings about other problems... even though we live in a Liberal society in which freedom is supposed to be maximized.

7. I find that drugs don't take me to a different place. They don't alter my reality. What I find is that they help me shed all of the garbage that has piled up on me all day. They help me step back, look at things from a different angle, and realize the good things and dump the rest.
    I have no desire to escape. I have no desire to be numb. Just need a little help putting things into perspective sometimes!

8. Revolution?, why don't you post more often?

9. Yup, nothing like kickin back at the end of a day you stressed yourself out and just getting high as a mother fucker. Marijuana enhances my reality.

10. I like to try and solve my problems when im high whether its writing a paper, working out, whatever i have to do being high helps normally.

I agree that yourself and only yourself can make you truely happy. Its like a balancing act between decisions and responsibilities.

11. thats nice.
    I kind of figured posting this thread in seasoned tokers would help weed out the kind of people who post things like this.
    you are more than welcome at Grass City, your input is gladly accepted. just please dont pollute this forum.

peace

12. Drugs are only an escape when you make it that way. period.

13. why live in this state that we are given... there is no reality just variations of the human concepts of the world... drugs do what drugs do and sobriety does what sobriety does... when together they display the best views on the world ever :smoking:

14. thats true. many people use drugs and have no problems like this.

Im kind of talking about the people like me with dependancy problems.

15. heh, drugs are just the start of it, why read? watch tv? play video games? DO ANYTHING? is the real world soooooooooooo bad? [YES] after seeing the lord of the rings films i wished them to be real, to exist there gives purpose in life, after reading the runelords books i wanted them to be real, same deal as LOTR really

merely existing sucks soooo bad that we HAVE to have fantasy universes to get past, be it battlesome war filled places or just the soaps on tv, ther is NO puropse in living in these times... so why are ppl soo attached to life?

16. Hey I felt the same way as you and realized I have depression. It runs in my family and all those things you said and is the exact symptoms of depression. They have anti depressants but I choose to sick with bud as my "medicine" for it.

17. I say depression is situational... but why do we have to fight depression in such an "advanced" culture?
    what about weed takes away depression? I want to know this, so I dont rely on it to fight the way I feel.
    I would much rather develop a positive outlook on life on my own.

DARE
    Drugs are really expensive...

18. For me drugs are something to help everyday stress and small problems. You want to use drugs and not abuse them

19. Yes I totally agree that it shouldn't be the way things are solved. I just feel that pot gets me the feeling of joy even if I only use it once every other day or so. I always am much more energetic and have a great personality and get along better with everyone. To solve the expense I am hoping to grow 1-2 plants when I get my own place.

20. people shouldn't take life so seriously. im 18, i could almost be halfway done with my life. i dont know, who knows? no one knows. there's no afterlife, there's nothing when you die. we're all overevolved monkeys who've learned how to make our surroundings better suit our needs.

since im already halfway done with my life, or maybe 3/4ths of the way done, ive been devoting my time to things that make life more fun. no college, no after-high school bullshit. ive already learned everything im going to need to know how to do when im on my own. college is an american myth, the education system makes us want to go to college so that the united states can discover the cure for aids. why do we need to know the cure for aids or cancer? it's natures population control.

drugs arent an escape from reality, it's just doing something that you like.