Escape to Grass-City

Discussion in 'General' started by MJ001, Jan 9, 2013.

1. I am going to ask him to sit down and have a talk with me.

I am going to ask him if he remembers what happened in the morning.

Then I'm going to ask him how he felt about that, and how he feels about it now.

Then I'm going to tell him why I got angry in the first place, then apologize for getting angry.

And I'm going to tell him the foul things I said were exaggerated, but he should also understand that if he doesn't learn to behave, it will trigger my anger and I will be pissed off like I was this morning.

Then I'm going to tell him that I am going to try not to get so angry next time, even if he does something wrong.

Then I'm going to ask him if he has anything he wants to say, and I'll listen to what he has to say.

Then we'll hug and make up.

I hope...

2. Fuck no, get some fuckin help. Making your child live in fear is not going to help him either.

3. Hm. Ok. Then I won't tell him that.

I'll tell him... under no condition, will I get angry like I did this morning.

4. Followed by a trip to a therapist to get your shit in check.

5. What kind of therapist are you talking about?

I really don't know any therapist...

6. To figure out how to control your anger. Or figure out what's wrong with you.

Because it is not a normal reaction to tell a 5 yr old that you're going to disown him.

7. Anger management sounds like the right choice. Don't make your kid live under the fear of verbal abuse like that his whole life. It's like having an alcoholic dad, don't know when they might snap.

8. So I fucked up THAT much, huh...

I knew it was a bit extreme... but I really did think about... not being his father anymore. I was very upset with him.

I'm not thinking like than any more, but at the time, I was...

God damn it.

9. Were not telling you to not get angry or not to discipline your child.. But what you did was outta line and counter productive

10. Sounds like it's something out of your control.

Ergo, therapy.

Nothing wrong with getting help. But there is a shitton wrong with not getting it.

11. What the fuck could a 5 year old have said to you that would cause you to think about disowning him?

Honestly? not even trying to be an asshole about it

12. Right. Totally out of line and completely counter productive.

Shit...

I know he felt like crap this morning... more than how I felt.

Poor boy... I totally bullied that guy...

May be I should talk to my wife about it when we get home.

13. You didn't tell your wife, but you told gc?

Idonteven...

14. Confirmed troll.

15. Yea i cant even tell anymore :laughing:

16. I am in no way trying to justify myself getting angry.

There is nothing that a 5 years old boy could say that can make his father (me) get so angry.

But... what he said was...

That I'm not the leader in the house because I'm not the one who bought the house, but the house was paid with his grandfather's money, so his grandfather (my wife's father) is the leader of the house.

I know. Kids these days... they're unbelievable.

But still... I overreacted.

17. Sounds like your grandfather is the leader since he paid for it.

18. This happened in the morning on the way to his kindergarden.

Now I'm at work, but I'll pick him up in a couple of hours. Then I'll go home, where my wife would come back from her work.

So yeah... I still haven't met my wife since the fight.

--

Don't be too hasty to call someone a troll.

19. Thats not unbelievable at all.. I would totally expect a kid that age to think he understand everything and how shit works then try to get smart and use it like that.

20. You really think so?

Even if he bought the house as a wedding gift for his daughter (my wife) and me?

Oh, and he died 6-7 years ago... before my kid was even born... so my kid has never even met him.