Equipment?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Great Brettian, May 8, 2012.

1. Hello, I am new to this site and am interested in growing indoors hydroponically. The space I have to work with is 8x8 feet. I was wondering if I can get some advice on if the hydro I am about to buy is good for what im trying to do.

36.5 in. Versagrow 10 plant Hydroponic Growing System-10010 at The Home Depot

Note: I am completely new to this but do have some knowledge on how hydro systems work and how to grow bud. From what ive read growing hydroponically gives you the most potent and highest yield.

2. There are cheaper alternatives if you choose to make your own hydroponic setup.

It all depends on what you want to yield per harvest. Also, you may want to consider buying an RO filter depending on your water quality. A PH pen and EC meter are suggested for hydroponic growing. The PH pen is a MUST.

3. #3 Great Brettian, May 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
    Alright thanks. Now do you recommend HID lighting or fluorescent?

Edit: whatever gives the biggest yield and is healthiest for the plants.

4. Always always always go HID over flouros if u have the money and space. HID will produce more heat than flouros so you are going to want to exhaust the heat away.

5. #5 Great Brettian, May 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
    Alright. Will just a normal fan work? Or is there something else I should use? Also what timer is recommended for the lighting? I cant seem to find one a good/reasonably priced one. And my last question is do I need a timer for the pumping system?

Edit: Also what would the best light be for my seedlings after I germinate them and put them in rockwool cubes? And should I just put regular water in them or water with my ph perfect added?

6. GB,

Have a look at Getting Started in Hydroponics -AskLucas.com for all the sizing of equipment you'll need for what you want to produce.

I sent you a PM, too. Let me know if you'd like some help moving forward (but go read a bit first!).

Hope this helps!

7. ^^^ That definetly helps a bit. Thanks man!