Equator Outdoor 1st Time Grower. Need Help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by dey_marley, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Hello bosses.

I live in south east asia, very near to the equator. 12/12 sunlight all year long.

Collected some seeds from weed that i smoke. No idea what type of strain since them seeds all mixed up nicely

Managed to germinate a couple of seeds mid january 2016.

Here are the seedlings (1 week old):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Planted them in small pots with local dark brown soil mixed with some charcoals and pelleted fertilizers. Watered daily, mostly twice.

Here they are now! Roughly 3 weeks old. Any early indication they are sativa or indica?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really appreciate any tips or suggestions to keep these thc babies alive

Will post more updates about this grow. Stay tuned

Sent from my X5 using Tapatalk

2. I'm more curious why people on the Equator aren't telling us what to do.

You manage some kind of indoor veg you're flowering plants 365.

You just gotta hang in there bud. Way to early to do much other than make sure your ducks are in a row. 30 days we start seeing some action.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I put them outside to experience the natural daily 12/12 cycle of sunlight & night darkness. Cannot stop thinking about how this might affect the veg period. Haha

Cheers bud!

4. Anyone can help me figure out what is the cause of this? What should i do about it?

[​IMG]

Thanks

5. Do not water twice a day unless you are in the Sahara desert in July. You will drown your plants. Good luck!

Water when the top soil gets dry. about every 3-5 days.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Appreciate it. Cheers man!

7. Hello guys!

So today, with both plants aged less than a month, I decided to transfer them outside. Sort of doing guerilla growing here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I removed the bottom of both containers so the roots can grow freely. Still using the containers just to raise the height of the soil.

[​IMG]

This is one of the plant which already got 3 sets of nodes. Waiting for the 4th one, then i will do topping.

What do u guys think?

8. Yo gents, jah bless!

Its been 2 days since i moved them outside. They react well so far with the new environtment.

The morning dew is just crazy fresh. Is it a good thing or bad?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And managed to spend some time tidying up my "guerilla garden" yesterday. Lookin good innit?

[​IMG]

"Sit, connect fire with earth and become one with all through clouds of smoke that penetrate all beings."

xoxo

9. Yo GC fam!

So today i decided to start feeding my babies.

Using this fertilizer:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I fed them by foliar spray and watering the soil as instructed on the label.

Growth promotion = helps the plant vegging??

Any opinion guys?

xoxo

10. @dey_marley just like @grasscoty said let em dry out before you water them again all the pics the soil looks very moist. The dew won't really be a problem until you start flowering, high humidity = higher chances of mold. hopefully the seed is of native genetics and can sustain the moisture. otherwise don't over feed twice a week at most and on those day don't give the plant water. otherwise looks good and congrats on the first grow! ill keep watching. it always exciting watching how different parts of the world cultivate! Bless brotha!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thanks for dropping by man! Yeah i've been reading quite a lot of articles and forums, so now no more watering daily. It's drizzling almost everyday now. I dont water at all, let the nature do the work. Haha.

Plan to top the elder baby maybe tomorrow. Hopefully she'll react well. Stay tuned man!

x

• Like Like x 1
  12. Don't water, don't feed. They look fine.

DONT PUT A KIFE TO HER!

If she is outdoors you'll get a fine yield without all the micro grow techniques. Patience. Check back on her in 1 week. If she isn't drying out come back in 2 more.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Hey just looked through your thread nice start. But your soil looks kind of dense and I do not think the coal will help or hurt but it can block the roots I think. As for a veg period a plant would not flower for at least 4 to 5 weeks of growing 12/12 from seed. So it is imperative to get a good start for a reasonable yield . If there was a way for you to put a light on it during the dark period for an hour nightly you can keep it in veg for longer which is what I do . I Bring them indoors at night.[​IMG] [​IMG]

"carpe diem"

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thanks man! What about topping, fimming and lst? Should i do it or just let the plant grow naturally?

x

15. Thanks for the sharing man!

I dont think that i can provide extra hours of light since i planted them in the woods which is quite far from my house.

They have been exposed to 12/12 since day 1. So i believe in them that they'll adapt (doing very well so far). But maybe they'll flower a bit early ya? Is it really bad for a plant to flower early?

x

16. It will flower when it is mature enough I had a seedling grow outdoors till flower without care and it is about 7 inches tall and in flower. For good early root growth make sure not to over water . Bigger roots bigger plants. The first 2 weeks are most important I think.

"carpe diem"

17. I will try my best then to ensure a healthy root grow. Thanks again man!

By the way, i see a papaya tree in your garden there. I bet there are a lot of them there. Just like here over here. Have u tried to make bong using the papaya branch? Dammmmmm nice man! Haha

18. No I havent will have to try that . Will need some instructions though. Lol you mean a pipe though right? If I were you I would just plant as many seeds as you can. To loosen up the soil next time mix it with rice hulls about a 75/25 soil/hulls maybe 60/40 . You should be able to get that in S.E.A .

"carpe diem"

19. Yeah man the pipe through. And u dont need any additional glass cone. Fucking awesome.

Yeah mann i can get tons of rice hulls in my country haha. Will try to mix them with soil for my next grow. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  20. I said don't train. Don't do any of those things you mentioned.. you'll only be hurting productivity.