Epsom Salt

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by katfish, Mar 15, 2006.

1. ok plants are not doing so good , they were fine until yesterday i saw some yellowing on the first set of leaves, not the colys or whatever, then it turned brown and some brown spots and tips. i am pretty sure it is mg problem , so i am gonna spray with epsom salt solution, but if it isn't MG problem than can the epson salt hurt the plants??

2. I think epsom salts are good for the plants anyway?

3. When I have a nute problem I always give it a good dose of micro nutes to see what effect it has. A lot of the time it helps greatly. Only do this if you are sure it is not a over fert problem. How old is your plants?

TGT

4. ok i watered them today with the mg solution. i even sprinkled a few grains on the top of each cup with soil in it.
    the plants are like 2 weeks old.
    as far as flushing should i just water a lot and have lots of water run out the bottom of the cups?? won't this cause the leaves to droop cause of overwatering? when they get thirsty again will they not droop anymore?

5. Why would you have a magnesium deficiency so early on? I don't think magnesium deficiency starts with browning. Usually they curl up then after a while they might brown. If they are 2 weeks old and you fed them you did this too early. They don't need food right away. Try the Epsom, don't over do it though. You can get them magnesium toxicity if you use too much. Are you in Miricle grow soil. And if so does it have nutes already in it?