Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

epilepsy and THC

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by DanRa, Oct 12, 2004.

1. hi.
    iv started growing to see if taking pot could help control my epilepsy. mr dr has given his un official ok to do so but says i will have to take it frequently to have the desired effect. has anyone here taken to help control epilepsy? or is epileptic? or knows of a fellow epileptic using pot?
    oh, heres one for sufferers of ms, epilepsy ect. THC is soon to be reliesed as a prescription only drug to help combat certain condition......and there was much rejoycing.
    please get back.
    moo

2. Aight...epileptic seizures occur when the brain fires electrical impulses throught your nerves (damn...medical terms in english are hard, bare with me...). Thc is known to block synapses (the thingies that connect strains of nerves). So if you smoke pot, it could be possible these impulses are being stopped due to the thc.

I'm not an expert on this...but this is my theory. Haven't really met anyone who takes thc for epilepsy...but I'm very very interested in the effects...so please tell me what you find out