Epic New Grow Box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ulemon, Feb 5, 2013.

1. #1 ulemon, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
    I had previously though of building a PC grow case but that would work, however I have got this. The idea is stealth so I had to use something that is already in my attic. This chest is the perfect size.
    I'll update thread with progress.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Good find, sub'd, gotta see this! What plans u got...lights, medium, strain?

3. Painting it white inside atm, latex paint so thats fine right?
    3 or 4 cfls
    intake at bottom
    exhaust at top near lights
    carbon filter soon (DIY)

4. The paint should b good, I always heard flat white is best. If u have 1 plant 4 CFLs at 23w actually will put u close to 100w which is recommended.

5. I'm very worried about temperature though, its about 32 degrees at night atm outside so.....

6. As a beginner, temps was the hardest part. There are a lot of variables to consider. Will it remain in an attic? Is it 32 in the attic? That is cold but if u can pull some warm air from another room the lights can warm things up, could always get more cfls for additional degrees. Strong CPU fans can sometimes be useful, just remember a filter will reduce the Cfm rating.

7. 2nd layer of paint just went on, but I'm having second thoughts about this, as I live with my parents

8. Sorry to sound like the downer. If you live with your parents and they don't condone you building a possible fire box in there attic it might not be the wisest idea. I have no problem people risking there own property but hey you know that's why its there house.

9. updated picture, dont know what to do with this though...

10. There's no pic :confused:

11. its on the first post, I like to organize things like that so people wont have to go threw thousands of posts of random stuff, it will on be on the front page

12. Haha my bad dude:stoned: i see, how many coats? Get it as white as possible, btw it's a big no no for doing a grow in your peepz place, I think it's in what I call the 10 chronic commandments. Take this advice, just study your ass off, learn grow methods, learn guerrilla grows so no one responsible is at risk if needed...and learn ORGANICS (you'll thank me later) and when the the time is right and you get your own pad, grow away man.

13. Would a rented apartment be okay?

14. If your renting it sure, but with an apartment just know it should b stealthy, landlords can visit from time to time, and it will smell.

15. with lighting, id make sure that the lights go on say if its 12/12 it should be from say midnight to noon. so if ure landlord does come over you can move it out during the day without stressing the plant, since you will need to unplug the lights.