Envy

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by F. Fontaine, Feb 25, 2012.

1. There's been something eating away at me recently. It started out as a tiny thing, then it evolved. I've noticed that I've been envious of my friends in good, solid relationships. Especially my roommate. I've never been in a relationship or had a "girlfriend" but I have had plenty of hookups. I had this one girl that was a very close friend but we were never official and we could never get something started really.

I guess I was sort of envious of my roommate in how his relationship pretty much fell into his lap with minimal effort, while I'm out there on the field and all I find is shallowness. I have never had one female I can truly say I connected with on a deep level. It kind of got me down thinking about it and I'm just wondering if it will all pan out. I haven't had sex with a girl in a while because I realized it wasn't all it was cracked up to be and I was waiting until I found that spark with a girl. I don't know. I can't really say when or if it will happen, but I hope its soon. I know a lot of friends that are in meaningful relationships and they say its great. Its a lot of work they say, but rewarding nonetheless.

I feel that one of the fundamental needs (notice I said needs) of a human being is to have a significant other that can really understand where they're coming from, someone at the end of the day you can just hash it all out to and not be judged at all. Someone you can sit in the silence with and just enjoy the ambiance.

Anyone ever felt this way before?

2. I feel you, brah.

I have been there plenty of times.

You are in a place called Loneliness.

Sucks.

It has a way of working itself out.

In my case it took 3.5 years. I got laid a lot. But it wasn't the same as being in love.

Eventually I found her.

3. Dont trip bro you will find her eventually i use to be like you and when i finally gave up looking thats when she came in my life.unexpectedly.

4. Nope, I got better things to worry about.

5. i know how you feel and i know ranting about it isnt going to solve anything. have you actually tried connecting with girls on a deeper level? just hanging out and flirting isnt going to help. you need to establish a deep connection with girls. not just have hook ups and bone them. theres no connection there. just merely sex.

6. Psh, well count me out from the list of 'human beings'.

7. No, you're not the only one. In fact, I know exactly what you mean. Sure, I've had those one night stands before, but I don't know, I always felt like the only thing I got out of it was busting a load, not connecting to the woman on a personal level.

Some of my friends think I'm weird because I don't chase pussy. Instead, I seek relationships. I'd rather fall in love with someone than have a fuck buddy