Envirolite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by chris_uk, Jan 5, 2007.

1. I'm intending to have a small grow of a couple of plants in my wardrobe. I'm guessing the best type of light to use would be an 125w envirolite or something like that, HPS or Halides i'm guessing are excessive and would use way more power and make more heat than is necessary.
    Is it possible to just get an e40 lamp connector, and make my own reflector, or is it more complex than that and better to just get the light built and ready to go.

Also can anyone recommend a decent strain to try and get cuttings for which doesn't smell shit loads, the only strains i have experience of growing in the past were armageddon and jack, and the smell of those 2 is way too much for me to get away with in the room im using, as my neighbour is only one thin wall away.
    And do i need different frequency bulbs for the vegative & flowering stages?
    Chris

2. hi chris, not sure about low odor strains but on the lights you want a blue 1 for the vegging stage and red for flowering ,check out ebay they sell them for about 17-20 quid and the reflectors pre wired are quite cheap too.i think a lot of the guys on here dont like envirolites but ive seen some quite good results from them on a uk forum ,in my opinion they would be your best bet for a small grow .good luck
    ps ive read that lowrider are low odor but i have no wxperience with them, i would imagine any mj plant is gonna get pretty stinky during flowering :confused:

3. envirolites are fine for veg, and probly for flowering too if you have more of them.

4. hi mate i use two 125w envirolites in my setup 1x blue and 1x red at the same time and they are doing very well.
    i have two plants on the go at the moment...and growth is super rapid.. in just seven day of germ 1 of my plants have 4 sets of leafs already which are masisve and the stem is nice and fat. (other plant is a clone)
    i have also heard that the lowryder strain has minimal oder but depending on the size of your set up you might be able to fit a 100mm rvk extractor with a 100mm carbon filter...
    the filter will deal with the smell no problem... so you can grow a better strain as lowryder is not the most potent.... and after all its all about quality smoke!!

good luck mate.

p.s. envirolites do give off a bit of heat so if your space is small you will defo need to extract that hot air!!!!

5. check out slugslashs grow in the beginers section he is usin just envirolites for veg and flower in a small cab and things are lookin good so far

6. u can see my enviro grow in '3hr hydro box' thread ;)
    best uk supplier is online andy @ http://www.theonlineelectricalwholesaler.com/catalog/products.php?cpath=88

125w blue enviro is a excellent veg bulb - atm i vegged 6 ww to 2ft in 4wks with a single 125.
    Reds however are much lower lumen output, so u'd be better with a couple of 200w red 2700k lamps for flowering.
    The finished buds are not as tight as hps buds, but they still get u as mashed :)

note that they do give off a bit of heat tho & u still need air movement, but 4" bathroom fans will suffice, along with a desk fan blowing on the tops ;)

lots of envirolite growers at http://www.skunkforums.co.uk - stealth drobe growers like myself, some even smaller :)

Passion from DP is a good low odour strain for indoor & out, tho atm i would recommend u avoid the feminised due to a lot of hermies reported (incl my own grow) :/