Envirolite question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by exsequor, Dec 1, 2006.

1. I'm looking at purchasing a pair of 125w envirolites for my setup, but I need to know what type of fixture I can use for these lights. Can I use a regular 300w shoplight fixture, or am I going to need an e40 fixture or something along those lines? Thanks for the help GC!

2. i dony really understand your question mate.when i bought my cfl's they had a plug on it allready.was just a case of plug and play:)

3. You need to purchase the hardened clay wall sockets or the plastic hanging socket (E40 if I remember rightly). You should be able to get them from wherever you ordered/bought your envirolite from. You can't get them at hardware stores.

4. The reason for the question is because I have a ceramic shop light fixture with a round reflector, that can handle a max of 300 watts. So I was wondering if the CFL would screw into that and work, or if I would need to buy seperate fixtures.

By the looks of it, I'll have to purchase a pair od e40 fixtures.

5. i buy 9.99 lights from hardware store (150w utility light) and take the reflector off, makes nice for cfl