Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Enjoying Low THC sativas… market skewed too much to heavy stoner end of spectrum?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Monoprintedman, Aug 25, 2021.

?

What’s your Canna Potency number

1. Below 10%

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Below 15%

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Below 20%

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. Below 25%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I want to get wasted, bro!

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I’m an ‘experienced’ adult (like many here… mid 60’s)
    Have toked on and off since mid-teens (when god nose what was in the baggie ). Lately, my gal and I have found reaching for lower THC (low-mid teens) numbers… and have recently fallen for a strain that is 8% THC and 13%CBD. Like, we can actually function in the house and studio and still enjoy the smoothe high vibe. And we usually wait til late afternoon… and then it’s 2-4 puffs off the PAX and done.

I’m curious about what others think. Do you feel u have to go for higher and higher THC numbers (upper 20’s/lower 30’s? To get your money’s’ worth? U needing more to just get high.

it’s a quandary; often the dispensaries have very few if any strains that aren’t mid-20s THC stoner bombs. Once drove 40 minutes (to Idaho Springs) to score what we wanted… but worth it!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blend higher grade with CBD strain, essentially diluting what you have.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah, been doing this a bit… like my half-caf coffee in the am.
    But I do like some of the straight, lower THC strains we’ve tapped. Juicy Fruit and Chocolope come to mind.

4. How do you get High of 4 puffs? Must be some strong stuff wow .. pax???
    Takes multiple bowl packs for me to feel anything even off good loud .

5. We’ll… this is tricky….

I guess in the lifelong effort to still enjoy the effects of cannabis strains (even on a daily basis), I’ve come to smoke fewer times during the day - Usually late afternoon/early eve. On rare occasions, if I’m working in my studio, I’ll have a hit early afternoon. The strategy allows for a more economic use of my flower and still get dreamy.

I’d highly recommend it… a reset. Discover what getting a buzz on used to be like when it was fresh every time.

(PAX? Um… PAX dry herb vape)

6. yes I mostly consume CBD oil in a dose of 5mg THC / 120mg CBD

The high from this oil is very unique. It's got strong Sativa effects with no body high. It gives so much energy & you lose track of time, everything feels like it takes forever. Memory is only moderately affected. Mood is very uplifted. Overall a strong yet functional high

When I take my regular THC Sativa oil dose of 15mg THC I get so lost in my thoughts, while also constantly forgetting what I'm thinking about. I become useless for 3-4 hours. After the high starts coming down I'm exhausted.

I used to enjoy getting as fucked up as possible with high THC but lately I've been enjoying the lighter more functional Sativa high even better.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. May have to check this kind of approach out
    Tak!
    ME

• Like Like x 1
  8. I stay away from high potency strains and still get a good high. Most of my strains contain cbd. For sleep I use straight indica and will cut it with cbd isolate from time to time. I am no longer interested in high percentage thc strains.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Honestly I find it varies and so I no longer buy based on % even tho when you have the choice, it's so tempting to go higher. I find that high % indicas do the least for me and Sativas in the 18-24% range are my favorites. That said in CO I dont often seen much lower than 17%...

10. I've approached that issue from the view point of also saving a bit of cash myself. I often buy the bargain strains, or those that are usually lower cost and lower THC content. I don't worry about the CBD content that much as it is often quite low or nonexistent. This approach keeps my tolerance under control, I get by just fine on those 'mid-teens'. I buy some higher THC stuff, but usually more sample size for special occasions. I like a mild buzz in the morning thru the early afternoon, reserving the stronger events for late afternoons and evenings.

• Like Like x 1
  11. To discuss this, one needs to understand down regulation tolerance that makes the experience very different in a range of degrees between those that smoke frequently and those that smoke occasionally. Because I who uses outdoors when active, purposely am interested in being as high as is readily possible, smoke high THC flower after T-breaks of 4 to 6 days on average. Yesterday smoked a total of about of 7/10 gram 24% THC Jack Herer over 6 hours on San Francisco streets in big crowds (Fleet Week Blue Angels Airshow) where I walked about 6 miles.

Marijuana and the Brain, Part II: The Tolerance Factor

"...The NIMH tolerance study confirms what most marijuana smokers have already discovered for themselves: The more often you smoke, the less high you get."

12. Yea, since I tend to stay high 20-24 hours a day the stuff under 20% works well for me. Favourite strains are Durban Poison, Jack Herer and and SOour Diesel. BTW, just a 63 yo retiree enjoying life!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Must be some good edibles, not possible to smoke that often… unless your snoop lion .. or wealthy and got lungs of steel :smoking-bong:… amazing tho !! Enjoy

14. All flower and I probably go through an ounce or two a month (all medicinal and legal in my state). Money isn't really an issue, I did OK in my working days. Totally enjoying retirement! Can you tell?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Same here! Until retirement, I was on again, off again in my consumption. Got tested occasionally and was always keeping an eye out! Retired and soon figured out I no longer had to worry about that and it's been off to the races ever since! Not legal around my home yet, so I still must exercise some care, but it's way better than I ever dreamed of back in my working days! WooHoo!!!!!

16. For me, if it ain't at least 30% I don't even bother. And no, I'm not a stoner. But I've been using cannabis for daily pain relief for 30 years and need serious potency now without moving to concentrates. I bought some legal Pink Kush at 24% a while back and it was...disappointing.