Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

English Class :@

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 5cooby Doo, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Ughhh, I don't get it! On what basis does one mark "english work":confused:. If you have two grammatically correct pages, punctuation, paragraph formations, all criteria met, etc, how can you say one is a 70 and the other is a 93? Really, how do you justify that way#1 is the right way of writing and way#2 is the wrong way?! PHH------uuuuuuuekkk this subject.

/rant:mad:

2. I hear ya man, something similar happened to me today man.. English sucks, and is not very helpful!

3. It's like politics man, I'm telling you. If the teacher "likes" you as an individual vs. if you/the teacher have something against each other almost always determines whether you get a good mark or a bad one. Are you goody-goody-two shoes who has all the work plus the extra work done, come in early-put an apple on their desk, stay after class, participate ever chance there is to say something then maybe you can get on their side.

4. I agree. Especially when writing poetry. If all criteria is met and there are no grammatical errors, who's to say that person A's poem is better than person B's? Poetry and writing is a way of expressing yourself. I don't think there's a "right" way to express yourself. In other words, high school sucked dick and it was just another way for society to brainwash us and prepare us for "the real world"

5. I don't know what kind of paper you wrote or what it was on, but truth is the other paper was probably just better. Mechanics are only half the battle, content is equally important. If you aren't saying "anything" than what are you doing?

6. i feel like this isn't very true. some of my classes have like 100 people haha the majority of my teachers definitely don't even know my name. teachers just can't hand out bad grades for no reason.

7. People I've talked to seem to agree. This is something that was more of a hs. issue, not university/college. 100 people in your class, a college correct? Had a convo and someone brought it up, just reminded me of hs days.

8. yea man. in hs a bud of mine handed in a paper to a teacher and got a 70 and then later like a week or so he handed it in again as a different paper and she didn't realize and she graded it at like 85 or something.

9. I feel you on hating English. I'm taking a English class right now and its terrible haha!

Like another user said though. Half of it is about content and making sure you stay on topic and keep it interesting.

10. Grades in English are just about how much the teacher like you because it's a super subjective subject

11. I remember all of my teachers where the worst, I also remember getting terrible grades. Now that I think of it, the teachers pet ALWAYS had the "best" paper. Eff English.:smoking:

12. As an English Major who is so far very post-structuralist I'll have to agree it is a subjective matter, but to say the best grades go to the student the teacher likes the most? Incorrect.

Edited for spelling: we all make mistakes.

13. If you structure poorly and sound like a 15 year old writing a paper for an.English class that's most likely the case