Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Engineering stoners

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by cmetzger, Aug 4, 2015.

1. I don't know if this is the right place for this topic, but anyway I'm going into my second year of college at Colorado school of mines studying mechanical engineering. Are there any of you that have gone through engineering school while smoking or are in the industry? Just wondering if you can keep up smoking while in the industry. I'm pretty responsible with bud being apart of my life and not my just my life so school isn't going to be too hard, but will the industry be different?

2. A good friend of mine was a regular smoker at college when he was getting his degree for engineering. He was hired up though and the company DTs so he's taken an indefinite break. The gig is with P&W so it's not something he's willing to risk.

3. I'm willing to take an indefinite break, because my job will mean more to me, but I hope I'll be able to do both

4. Engineering comes in multiple forms, mechanical being one of the most hands-on for your brute strength capabilities like turning valves and maintaining water pressure and shit in sewers for utility purposes. Know your Chem, Physics, Calculus, and Computer Science and you should be fine. Not that hard right?

I started with computer engineering, changed to computer science, and then switched to computer technical crafts (graphic design and other bullshit like Facebook)

Civil, Mechanical, Aeronautical, Civic, Electircal... Engineering can take a heavy toll on your free time, if you had any to begin with. Cheers to staying high and doing the job too!

5. #5 As Above So Below, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015
    No need to be rude bro. I liked his post , very informative and still on topic... Get out of here if you have nothing to contribute.

I did a year and a half of electrical engineering but then I moved out of my parents house and it's been a lot harder trying to take classes and working full time. It's not that I can't do both it's just my work schedule isn't always consistent and trying to time the classes around an ever changing work schedule is tough. I'm trying to get a more stable schedule because if I do sign up for a class , I don't want to have to drop it 4 months later if my work schedule changes and cuts into class. I don't smoke anymore because I have other things to worry about , but when I was going to school I was only smoking once every few days.

6. yeah i feel you balancing work/school/life is extremely tough nowadays for working-class students. I had a job in high school that carried over my first 2 years into junior college and that held me steady for all purposes, including daily toking. The only drawback is I was never able to move away from the parents crib...

Any engineering major is going to be physically and mentally exhausting, so finding time to squeeze in to get things done will be a strenuous task. Keep your mind right and you'll do just fine! Best of luck blade [​IMG]

7. I feel you dude,
    I'm doing chemical engineering, and I don't think I`d be capable of working full time AND studying. In my opinion, engineering is supposed to take your full time/dedication. I mean, you could work full time and do it, but unless you`re a machine, you probably won't do good in any. Even a part time job I don't think I could manage along studying.

Anyways, everyone is different, and I can be lazy as shit. As mistahsparklez said, best of luck to you brotha

8. Freshmen starting my major in construction Engineering here soon.. I'll probably have to change my smoking habits a little. Just lots and lots of math in my major. I smoke everyday now, but I feel like I will be too busy to do so I the future.

9. #9 cmetzger, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2015
    I've been able to smoke during the year, obviously it's been less than in the summer, but I love school, friends and smoking so honestly it's not really hard to balance everything right now I just hope the industry is the same

10. I'm an engineer and I smoke everyday. doesn't really affect my career too much

I'm a glory hole engineer dunno if tht makes a difference

11. My comments are gone :,(

12. #12 mistahsparklez, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2015
    Currently studying Photovoltaic Installation on rooftops. This fall is going to be dope.

^update^

got my classes at junior college aligned to get my certificate for entry level pv solar installer by the end of the semester. wish me luck blades!