Energy drinks: how bad are they?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Gotalighter?, Mar 22, 2012.

1. In a arguement with a friend, he says they dont cause damage to the heart, im arguieng they do, who is right? can someone post some studies on this? i cant find any immediatly:cool:

2. I think it would depend upon a person's sensitivities and the ingredients in the specific drink.

In general I don't think there are too many worries short-term for most people. Long-term? Likely nobody actually knows.

As much as I prefer natural food/beverages I still find myself drinking more red bulls than I prefer. :-(

3. It's man-made, in general that's all I need to know. What's wrong with water?

4. [quote name='"The Crafter"']It's man-made, in general that's all I need to know. What's wrong with water?[/quote]

Falacy.

Unnatural =/= bad.

You need an actual arguement, not all things unnatural are bad.

In any casd, energy drinks are bad for you. They.cause high blood pressure and are bad for your kidneys. Not to mention refined sugar is just about ths worst thing you can eat.

Stick with coffee and some tasty energy.packed fook like some.fruit and.meat

5. Yeah it's a piss poor argument in logical terms but it's served me well. The "in general" was a poor attempt to cover my ass.

I was still right in saying theyre bad for you tho. :p

6. bump, any links to any studies?

also, what's with all these 5 hour energy tabs everywhere, sounds like death is coming early.

7. [quote name='"dragonmantek"']bump, any links to any studies?

also, what's with all these 5 hour energy tabs everywhere, sounds like death is coming early.[/quote]

Corperations dont like clinical.trials.on their products :( but plenty kf news articles about people.drinking emergy.drinks and doing sports or drinking amd.clubbing, amd dieing instantly from a heartattack

8. Very interested in actual studies, i have found a few cases of people drinking a few cans of red bull than going out and playing basketball and having there heart seize up...

This was never linked back to the redbull directly however.

9. Wont be many studies as long as Big buisness owns the government.

Aspartame is still legal even though studies in other countries found it to cause brain damage. Its illegal all over the world but the fda is owned by the food and drug industry.

Kinda like how the government officially sais weed causes brain damage. There are no studies but the alcohol industey lobbies it to keep it illegal

10. ^I'd like that twice if I could

Monster Import FTW...subsequently dies @ 45

11. the more i do research, the more it seems this stuff is bad for you.

when i was really younger, i did something pretty wild, i smoked an entire eighth within 10 minutes alone, and then drank those really tiny red bull "shots", and i had about 8 of them within 4 hours.

later that day, i figured out i had figured out the formula to turnng super saiyan, also, how hard it is to come down from super saiyan mode.

12. This is what you probably looked like when tried to go super saiyan….
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYxCrugJj_o]Super Saiyans are REAL (ORIGINAL) - YouTube[/ame]