End the Drug War, Save Black America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Aaronman,

I understand the higher ratio of blacks in prison to other populations. But to blame it only on racism is absurd and self serving. In the new millenium, black people work as police officers as well. There are more black police officers in the ghettos with the high black crime rate. Because the area just has a higher black population..... So when a black cop arrest a black suspect and that black suspect gets convicted by a black judge(they exist too)how is that racism? I agree that racism does exist and it does play a factor into the statistic, but i challenge to what degree? Maybe if every cop was white and every judge was white and every prison guard was white and so on and so forth i could believe that. But thats not the case, at all. Other races come to our country and face the same hardships, but dont have NEARLY the same amount of their population in jail.

2. Or maybe if drugs were legal we wouldnt have 1 out of 10 black people in jail for drug related crimes.

3. I can agree with that too.

4. They dont fight over "turf" (as used by most ignorant people...a location to sell drugs) b/c they sell drugs as anyone does, over the phone and a meet somewhere. The street corners are not a common practice anymore. Yes, it still takes place, but it is far from the norm. Amerika was not reaching, it is more of you are oblivious to the past 20+ years of the American streets, but thats okay, it happens to everyone when getting older.

5. The show, imo, was exploiting the black community as a campaign to end the war on drugs. The guest on that show had 7 minutes to explain his case and only gave half-assed annotations as to why that is.

I never said Black America didn't have anything to do with the drug war, but now that you mention it's not exactly the cause or the reason either.

6. That all depends on where you live ...........

7. I think it started out as racism, but now it has turned more into ageism, or as a prejudice toward the mentallity and the thought process of american youth...all b/c they think/act/conduct themselves differently than what elder Americans grew up with. The respect for authority is gone and the respect for America Past is gone with no remorse for the idiots that made dumb decisions that lead the way to what America is today. The Elders are grasping at anything to keep America on a path that is no longer admired and actually hated.

8. thats true...but id say the majority of drug dealings dont happen on a street corner...but yes, it is still a minor activity

9. Ending the war on drugs makes too much sense for the American body of politics.

10. atleast a real crime would be taken place, and not have cops wasting time n money. But it shows that there is always going to be crime of some sort.

11. :laughing: What, are you Amerkia's cheerleader now?

I hardly remember using the word 'turf', but if you understood what I meant then what's the big deal?

I didn't ask for advice on how or where to sell drugs.

Wtf is this shit? :confused:

12. trying to keep the out of touch in the loop with America and not what they see "on the streets" from the news at 9

13. #53 aaronman, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2011

I never blamed it only on racism.

Show me your evidence that convinced you black officers make black arrests in equal proportion to white officers (in the same dept) and black arrests, same for judges.

Enough to classify it as racist.

So how do you explain the statistics?

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/whites-use-more-pot-blacks-arrested-more

Why have police in California been arresting young blacks at higher rates than young whites, and in much greater numbers than their percentages of the population? Based on our studies of policing in New York and other cities, we do not think the arrests are mostly a result of personal bias or racism on the part of individual patrol officers and their immediate supervisors. Rather, this is a system-wide phenomenon, occurring in cities and counties throughout California.

Police departments deploy most patrol and narcotics police to certain neighborhoods, usually designated "high crime." These are disproportionately low-income, and disproportionately African American and Latino. It is in these neighborhoods where the police make most patrols, and where they stop and search the most vehicles and individuals, looking for "contraband" of any type in order to make an arrest. The item that people in any neighborhood are most likely to possess, which can get them arrested, is a small amount of marijuana. In short, the arrests are ethnically- and racially-biased mainly because the police are systematically "fishing" for arrests in only some neighborhoods, and methodically searching only some "fish." This produces what has been termed "racism without racists."

14. ive never met or talked with amerika, i just didnt agree with anything you say. :eek:

15. it turned into the CRIPS as we know them today

16. I used to smoke crack;)

Just decriminalizing would be a huge help I think. And maybe with all that money perhaps we could put some into substance abuse treatment centers and education or something like that.

Also I think a big problem is that many of us think too divisively. Is this a black problem or a human problem? I'm sure there are a some whites and a few other minorities that are victims as well, where do they fit in all of this?

Also I thought this is kind of related
    "The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations."
    - David Friedman​

17. #57 PhillGates, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2011
    Then you should just say that next time. :eek:

Your dense ass generalizations about me, the black community or the drug war are no different than Amerika's "opinions."

Bless his heart he tried to create a meaningful post with an article that dates back to nineteen-ninety-fucking-eight, explained the definition of what a gang is and a group of boys that turned themselves in for distributing drugs :)confused:) but do those groups represent all the black folks in the said area?

But before this, if you even bothered reading the whole thread, I provided facts and opinions based solely on experience of my surroundings as well as others, not the news. :eek:

Your insolence has officially cramped my debated.

Peace. :wave:

18. Its funny because you choose to ignore the simple fact that 1 out of every 10 blacks is in prison for drug related crimes, and wont say that the drug war is the cause for that.

Because if it was that would be racist. :O

19. It's funny you choose to ignore that has NOTHING to do with what I'm talking about.

20. i didnt gerneralize a thing, just told some ignorant kuntucky boy how the world works. Sorry you cant post anything but what you see in your neck of the woods, but also wanted to tell you to learn history before acting an idiot on an online forum. Besides being in compition with the paper industry, hemp was also outlawed due to (wait...here it comes...)the concern over blacks and mexicans getting the white women high and them lusting after other races. Youre a goofy internet warrior that needs to calm down, or atleast learn some American/Pot history 101 before posting ignorance in a forum meant to be used spread truth. So as you think im riding Amerikas coat tails, you need to jump off mine...or atleast give me something of value to work with. What did you think of my jump from racism to ageism theory (did i get that from Amerika)... do you have anything of value to add? naw...didnt think so:wave: