End the Drug War, Save Black America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Start @ 7:56

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmIW1McdjuA]YouTube - John Stossel-03/17/11-C[/ame]

JOHN STOSSEL: End the Drug War, Save Black America - FoxNews.com

... In case you needed another justification for ending prohibition :smoke:

2. Makes sense to me. A giant federal program that DOESN'T work? Gee, that's NEVER happened before! LOL

He is right about Portugal. When I was there they have more of an alcohol problem than a drug problem and drugs are readily available on the street (pot, hash, coke).

3. John Stossel probably has the manliest mustache in America.

4. Thats about as well spoken as Ive ever heard it :hello:

5. yeah?? if he were really manly he wouldn't do it half assed. be a man, grow a beard. its really the only thing we can do that women can't. (and thats not even true 100% of the time :()

6. Bearded women are sexy!

7. When I go to carnivals I totally jizz my pants.

8. Nah, it has nothing to do with the War on Drugs, we just need to put more money into our schools to pay more administrators in school districts with 20% literacy rates, food stamps, welfare, etc. The Great Society experiment showed us that spending more money on social safety nets and such decrease poverty!

9. I just go to Mexico!

10. .....:confused:

11. This guy broke it down so well

he reminds me of morpheus

12. It obviously wasn't made illegal for our safety

13. #13 PhillGates, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2011
    So keeping the prices of drugs legal and cheap is suppose to keep black men 'off the corners', finding 'real' jobs and refrain from killing each other? People kill each other (in this instance) because they're jealous, desperate and probably couldn't find a job on the books to begin with.

Matter of fact, if more drugs where legal no one would need to find 'real' jobs, which isn't even a bad thing. :confused_2:

But hey, right on! End the drug war, just don't use Black America as an exploit.

14. The way I see it, instead of struggling to make it in a white man's world blacks have turned to highly lucrative black markets that don't discriminate. Now the black urban culture almost glorifies the cycle of crime, imprisonment and poverty associated with it.

People kill eachother because they're convicted felons that can't find jobs and shoot eachother over drug turf.

Why wouldn't anybody need to find jobs if drugs were legal?

Looking at statistics it's pretty obvious that the war on drugs is racist.

15. #15 Amerika, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2011
    "It ain't a secret don't conceal the fact...
    the penitentiary's packed, and it's filled with blacks.
    But some things will never change.
    Try to show another way, but they stayin' in the dope game.
    Now tell me what's a mother to do?
    Bein' real don't appeal to the brother in you.
    You gotta operate the easy way.
    "I made a G today" But you made it in a sleazy way.
    Sellin' crack to the kids. "I gotta get paid,"
    Well hey, well that's the way it is."

this was the mid 90's. How quickly things change without a remedy...

oh wait

16. i disagree with aaronmans thought that the war on drugs is racist. I agree the whole thing is garbage, but it fucks with people of all color , not just black people. Are nations number 1 drug eppidemic is Crystal meth, by far and large a white mans drug. Manufactured by white gangs and used by whites all over .Im not saying blacks dont use crystal, but it deffiantly is more prevalent in the white community. Our police force is cracking down on meth the most, more the any other drug right now. White peoples crack.

17. Blacks are ~13% of the population, a similar proportion of blacks use drugs as all other race, and yet make up ~50% of the prison's drug offender population.

Blacks are 10 times more likely to be convicted of a similar offense by a white person.

Race and Prison | Drug War Facts

18. You havent had many experiences with the cops have you?

19. The war on drugs isn't racist. It's the bastards fighting the "war against drugs" that are racist.

20. I say this, because I felt like that guy on Stossel was talking down on black drug dealers, like it's more of an obligation than a choice for them. I know black folks that use to be poor and never sold drugs and blacks of the middle class that sold drugs because they where just plain lazy.

I'm skeptical about the emphasis put on how much discrimination that takes place in the job hiring process, though. Even then, anybody can find ways to make money without selling drugs that would still be considered 'black market'.