End of the World

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bowl clearer, Jun 12, 2006.

1. supposivly the end of the world or basically the second comming is supposed to be 2011 there has been signs from the bible and just common sense signs really dont feel like explaining them cause im fucked but ill try look them up if ur interested but anyways....they say that we are going to make one central government wich we have already started and are going to try to do....in the bible it sais something about the eagle and 2 other animals that are on two major coutry flags i think a middle east and russia not to sure....plus the one i believe the most is that if we ever bring war or violence into the holy land or jerusalim then he well have the second comming but idk alot of me sighns but i just hope that all of you are ready and hopefully this will help u thik and realize that life is like a test or soemthing that we have to put up with and if we can follow the rules and just put up with it then u will go to heaven and have everlasting basically joy and heaven lol it explains itself but if u treat life like its nothing and dont appriciate things then most likely ull prolly go to hell im really messed up by the way so dont really know what ive said so far but this is how i see it get fucked up just follow the commandments so dont do anything stupid but im out places to go people see things to toke and smoke

PS: my bad aboout it being so long

2. The apoclypse was supposed to be in 2000 :rolleyes:

Guess Jesus forgot.

3. Damn, I was counting on the apocolypse, now I gotta do time for that shit I did. Lesson learned, never count on Jesus to end the world.

4. they also say that yellowstone park could explode anythime soon and kill 90% of earth's population. We're looking at about 100 different predicted ways we're supposed to die right now. As for me, I'm gonna pull up a chair, pack a bowl, and let it happen.

also, this probably belongs in a different post section.

5. '

Phh not me, I'm ready for geurilla warfare.

Bring it on, commies.

6. yeah the appocolipse was supposed to happen but i dont believe that its just somethin to get people sorta somethin to talk about and stuff it had no resources and i can trust the bible and it sais in there that it is supposed to end
    7 days of destruction

7. Should we really trust the bible to tell us when the world is going to end? It seens to me to be a dubious source at best...

8. Well if you believe in god then yes you should because he made the world he can do whatever he wants to it plus jesus is the one comming back but im fine with it becuase he is supposed to come down and idk how but every good christian or good faithfull to whatever religion you will go to heaven and it sais that there will be 7 days of destruction like i cant say what will happen exactly cause i dont have it memorized or anything but basically what is sais is that the first day will be pretty bad maybe some earthquakes and whatnot then the next day it gets more intense and worse every day....something along those lines but hopefully not jynxing myself but i know i will go to heaven so im really not to worried about it

9. uh huh.

10. When we die as individuals it's the end of the world for us so the question ends when we end; but to the larger question of tracing the end times through the bible, why stop there? There are scores of religious documents to choose from with scenarios equally as apocalyptic as the bible's. (A very interesting phenomenon to me is how people want to cite the bible when they think it's talking about the end times or some other titillating point but ignore its moral principals when it comes to their daily lives.)

Here's a short list of religious documents for you to choose from to heighten your end times paranoia:

1. Bhagavad Gita <O:p</O:p
    2. Bahai Texts<O:p</O:p
    3. Bible<O:p</O:p
    4. Buddhist Texts<O:p</O:p
    5. Christian Fathers<O:p</O:p
    6. Confucian Texts<O:p</O:p
    7. Corpus Hermeticum<O:p</O:p
    8. Dead Sea Scroll<O:p</O:p
    9. Divrei Torah<O:p</O:p
    10. Enuma Elish<O:p</O:p
    11. Ethiopian Texts<O:p</O:p
    12. The Egyptian Book of the Dead<O:p</O:p
    13. Gnostic Texts<O:p</O:p
    14. Hindu Texts<O:p</O:p
    15. Islamic Texts<O:p</O:p
    16. Jain Texts<O:p</O:p
    17. 1st and 2nd Books of Jeu<O:p</O:p
    18. Mormon Texts (Church of Jesus Christ)<O:p</O:p
    19. Nag Hammadi Texts<O:p</O:p
    20. Old Testament Apocrypha<O:p</O:p
    21. Old Testament Pseudepigrapha<O:p</O:p
    22. Pistis Sophia<O:p</O:p
    23. New Testament Apocryphal Acts<O:p</O:p
    24. New Testament Apocryphal Apocalypse<O:p</O:p
    25. New Testament Apocryphal Gospels<O:p</O:p
    26. Taoist Texts<O:p</O:p
    27. Sepher Yetzirah<O:p</O:p
    28. Shinto Texts<O:p</O:p
    29. Sikh Texts<O:p</O:p
    30. Tibetan Book of the Dead<O:p</O:p
    31. Urantia Book<O:p</O:p
    32. Zen Texts<O:p</O:p
    33. Zoroastrian Texts
    <O:p</O:p
    "Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin."

~Grace Hansen~

Stay green!<O:p</O:p

11. eh...I believe life after death will be just like life before you were born. I believe that heaven and hell were thought up to keep people in line and to ease peoples thoughts about death. I am comfortable with death so I have no reason to fear it and give in to all the bullcrap.

12. firstly, the world is ending all the time... the world as we know it, just ended then, and then and so on and so on.

"there is not begining or end, only change" - i dunno who fisrt said that but i know i said it

secondly, it tickles my funnybone to see what happens to so many of us when a clandar ticks over. we make our own calendars but then we get freaked when a big date ticks over, just like the millenium.

the december 11th(?i think?) 2012 (or 2011???? whered that one come from?) coincides with a few of the far larger measures of time ticking over on ancient south american calendars, which given they aim to be a glactic calendar rather than a local/global calandar gives them a far greater degree of accuracy... but also our calendar is so off its not even funny. how many kings of old when their astronomer priest informs them our charts no longer align with the stars has ordered a few years here, a quarter day there to be added to make up for the discrepancy!? indian calendrics is forever being realigned with the plannets, our shabby western version however has been moving out of sinch by about 2 degrees every 60 years! still wanna read your horoscope from the newspapers now? well, that shouldnt put you off too much as its just the names really that dont keep up, any proficient astrologer should be able to still give you an "accurate" reading despite this oversight as they'd be recieving feedback on their accuracy... the calendrics however, has not been adjusting to this feedback.

so just because some REALLY BIG measure of time is ticking over then does not mean anything will go wrong... remember 2000? nothing. i cant recall of the top of my head what its called but its something like a 400 "baktun" cycle or so according to the mayan calander. from Terrence McKenna's "Timewave Zero" its the same ressonance(?) or frequency(?) as the beggining of the universe. so yeah, those of you looking for "second coming"s and so on would be well advised to perhaps stop looking externally, and start living it. we can all move on, beyond, to transcend. let the glory in and out, n all that. ie. love.

13. I saw two people say that there will be seven days of destruction. It actually says 7 years. Not trying to be an ass or anything; just trying to keep the wrong information from spreading.

14. i dont care if im to be suprised, let it come if its going to happen, i think not though. i dont care what day, year, all our books say. if they are written by humans, then a human had to think it up at one point. not going to waste my life waiting for a stupid idea to come true or not.

15. [​IMG]

I'm not saying I believe what I'm about to discuss but the seven years you're referring to is more commonly called "The Great Tribulation Period," a time that will be chiefly characterized by the wrath of God and the reign of the Anti-Christ. (The seven year period is also referred to as days in the prophesies of Daniel.) This seven year event is preceded by what fundamentalist Christians call "The Rapture of the Church."

The Tribulation: Matthew 24:21

The Rapture: 1 Thess. 4:16-18

Here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Tribulation

Peace.

16. supposedly, 8 million other worlds have come to this stage (or similar) in developement, and not quite made it... i don't know how many did make it... but it is a very, very big universe. ;)

17. actually, 2012 is the end of the mayan's 26,000 year calender. Their are 5 cycles of the callender, each cycle was calculated my the mayans as 5125 years cycles. After this 26,000 year callender is up plane of our Solar System will line up exactly with the plane of our Galaxy, the Milky Way and two other galaxies will line up with ours at the same time.

Every 5000 years our climate goes through a change and 5000 years agoe we didn't have the ice caps we have today and the world looked different and more humid and warm. now today about 5000 years later were losing our ice caps and our planet is slowly going to go through a massive change in landscape, mostly if you live in a low area (even far inland) you might be in prime fishing area.

I dont think the worlds going to end because the bible said so, i trust the mayans who knew what they were doing opposed to what some peole said that couldn't be backed up except by believers saying it must be true.
    Atleast the mayans did the math and they've never been wrong so far.

18. ^

what he said.

;)

near enough.

19. Yea that's good enough for me. I believe that once you die, you die. There is no afterlife, no reincarnation, no rebirth or anythign else.

Do monkeys talk about heaven? Probably not. So why are we so superior? Because we can right a book? When a monkey dies, it rots in the forest. When a human dies, he or she rots in an expensive wooden box. In my opinion, that is the end of life.

20. I don't quite understand why the mayans would be any more reliable than the bible.