end of flavored blunts!????

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by ZigZagPapers, Oct 27, 2009.

1. ive seen rumors floating around online about how the Obama administration wants to put the kabosh on flavored tobacco products including flavored cigars. This is huge news to me and to a large portion of the pot smoking communty as a whole. I was skeptical and need a solid source to veryfy such rumors. I searched for the legislation pertaining to outlawing flavored tobacco and discovered this: Its called The Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco control Acr.

"Beginning 3 months after the date of enactment of the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, a cigarette or any of its component parts (including the tobacco, filter, or paper) shall not contain, as a constituent (including a smoke constituent) or additive, an artificial or natural flavor (other than tobacco or menthol) or an herb or spice, including strawberry, grape, orange, clove, cinnamon, pineapple, vanilla, coconut, licorice, cocoa, chocolate, cherry, or coffee, that is a characterizing flavor of the tobacco product or tobacco smoke."

Its some seriuos bull. Sadily i wont be able to partake in the burning of the sacred herb for another 7 months due to the fact that im serving in Americorps NCCC, But when i get out and if their is no strawberry dutchie to burn i will be a very sad fellow.

2. I've heard the same thing. Personally my opinion is fuck Obama. Give me a plain Dutchmaster so I can mix in my own flavor, marijuana.

3. It's cigarettes, not cigars or cigarillos. We're safe for now.

4. ya, we have it in canada. :(

5. I personally would like to see the end of all tobacco products. This law is only in effect for cigarettes though not cigars.

6. I find it interesting that you say you would like to see the end of all tobacco products. I understand the fact that tobacco is terrible and kills many. Trust me i smoked for 4 years and quit 6 months ago, thank god i came to my sences early enough and never became truely addicted. However hoping for the end of a piticular substance is exactly what the government wants to do with weed, and look how that works. Many people derive pleasure from tobacco and will smoke it weather its legal or not, that is not up to you or the govt for that matter. Those choices are left up to the individual. For your case stay away from tobacco, its a great chioce, but for those of whome enjoy it let them enjoy it and realise that is their choice.

7. so if this passes, then does that mean the new law forces companies such as prime time, dreams, etc to forcefully go out of business? the workers wont have jobs anymore further damaging our already shity economy

8. Yes i do realize that it is everyone's own personal choice. But I was not saying that it should be legal/illegal or controlled/not controlled by the government,but the fact that tobacco should not even exist on the Earth. I will let them enjoy it as long as they smoke it in non public places.

9. I wonder how many more times someone will misinterpret this law, blame Obama, cry about blunt wraps going away and start a new thread... Learn to read... blunt wraps AREN'T AFFECTED BY THE LAW!