End of 1st grow (New grower w/autism)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CanadianNinja, Sep 11, 2019.

?

Without knowing the day. How do you harvest?

1. Trichome method

83.3%
  2. Pistil Method

16.7%
  1. Hello, my names Steve. I probably should have come here sooner but I'm very much anti-social and really don't like the idea of forums anywhere as it's a task to find constructive conversation vs people butting heads.

I hope this is different because I could really use you guys and your knowledge. Teaching myself has been something special, but i'm at a point now where I'm comfortable taking in others information again, providing it's viable and constructive. Just a man, trying to save money and grow some medicine here. Nothing more, nothing less.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hello @CanadianNinja
    your plants look big.. and bushy. I would say that you've been educating yourself properly. It also looks like you have chosen a good strain too since I see the leaves are trichome laden. One thing you will find is that the light is key, and you'll want to try to distribute it more evenly across a controlled canopy, and this will require some training in the future. You may also require some poles to support some of the branches in the near future, as I suspect once the buds form, they will have a tendency to fall over without the support. I taped some 'driveway markers' to the pails to achieve this.
    Lastly, I think its a wise choice to have joined us here in GrassCity. Its a (mostly) friendly community that everyone can learn from. Be warned though, there are dangerous predators as with any place you visit in the world.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. This has been the best guide I have found for times to harvest. Hope it helps you and thumbs up to your grow. Looking great. Screenshot_20190512-183934_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Thank you for the information, I appreciate it. I'm unable to afford the equipment i want currently (Lab grade compound microscope) but I have a 40x jewelers loop to get by for now. I keep looking at my plants daily but being that this is my first time doing this It feels like a guessing game as to be able to see the differences from half clear / mostly cloudy. 40x just isn't enough amp for my eyes or skill level.

Going off my experiences outdoors, I feel like there's only about 2 weeks left in my 4x4x8 tent which hosts Chemdog / Trainwreck / Bananna

I hope i'm right because i'm in the "I'm excited and prone to make mistakes" mode.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I think my Trainwreck is ready but I do not claim to know what i'm talking about in any way shape or form with indoor growing because I don't know my head from my ass... lol.

If I were to broadcast a stream is there anyone who could advise if I should feed the plant or clean out the bucket and fill it with just PH water for a few days then harvest? Honestly i'm lost atm.

It looks ready although the buds are not very lush, that was my fault in learning the DWC process, mistakes were made, stunting happened, nutrient lock happened, cal def happened. Plenty of things went wrong here, but I was here and reading / researching the whole time babying my plants.

6. Hey man its a lesarning curve forsure and from the looks of it for a first grow you did a grest job you got them big ass plants all this way man so be proud of that theres plenty of people that csnt even say that much

From the looks of the flower development you can keep feeding lookin like your not even half way thru flower, what week are you currently sittin at sir?

But when it does come to the flush youll want to run just str8 phd water for at least a week before you chop her down

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thank you. I am proud of what i've accomplished thus far, it did cost me and wasn't cheap to setup everything properly but feels rewarding as I sit here and look at them swaying in the wind, with their each distinct smells filling the room.

Those pictures were older photo's, a few weeks actually. I should really get out my camera and snap some fresh photo's. Generally I stream to twitch or to my discord and don't catalog my grows otherwise.

Honestly I have no idea what week i'm sitting at. I'm a clown and haven't payed attention to days and weeks and such. I know when the plants were born as i tagged each one but due to stunting and all the problems that became meaningless to me. Rather i've been focusing on the development of pestils and tric's.

I'm going to get out my camera and take some nice photo's and post them.

8. when looking at the trics...

not mature, glitter/shine like glass
    mature, look like white plastic

thats the distinction i have to make when looking.

hope that helps

cheers

• Like Like x 1
  9. DSC00124.JPG DSC00125.JPG DSC00126.JPG DSC00127.JPG DSC00128.JPG DSC00129.JPG DSC00130.JPG DSC00131.JPG DSC00132.JPG DSC00133.JPG DSC00134.JPG DSC00135.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Just noticed a few fiber of hairs kicking around... UGH. Can't filter everything I guess.

11. Hell I should use my camera to check the trics lol! It's much better than this 40x jewelers loop apparently.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Looks good!

Welcome to the party!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Looks good, smells great. Feels amazing but i'm stumped in this time critical time. I'm not sure if i should swap out the 45 liters of water / nutrients and give the tent fresh food, or if i should just add PH water like i've been doing the last 2 weeks since last change.

Cana-jesus, i could really use your advice right now lol.

14. Yes just continue the str8 phd water bro she looks to be in that harvest window but as everyone above has been saying check trichs

15. I kinda follow the clown around also, had to go look at a note of when my seeds popped to figure a weeks in age. Right now I'm looking at week 3 to 4 into flower. I started 6 from seed back in may and 5 lived, 2 ended up male and were killed off and the last 3 plus a blueberry clone and 4 clones from my last grow u stuck outside on june 24th, on Sept 3rd I moved them back inside for flowering. Now I have 8 huge ass plants to finish up over the next 4 weeks or so. I'm guessing longer but we wont tell my wife that. But I have to give out a high five on your plants, good work there. Here is what I have right now. 20190910_095731.jpg 20190910_095805.jpg 20190910_095752.jpg 20190910_095852.jpg

16. Beauty! Thank you for sharing :D

Here's my response:

This is a 3x3x6 located in another part of my home. The 1/2 solo cup is more of a joke, but come harvest I'm going to give it to the first pretty girl I see at the next cannabis event :p. Nice little flower. DSC00136.JPG DSC00137.JPG DSC00138.JPG DSC00139.JPG DSC00140.JPG DSC00141.JPG DSC00142.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  17. Oh woops. This tent is girlscout cookies, and the solo cup some pretty lady will be getting is white widow provided by Tilray Canada.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I've made the decision to call the Trainwreck done. I drained it's 15L of water + nutrients, cleaned the bucket out and replaced it's contents with just water @ 187ppm (town water) / PH'd to 5.8.

As for the two frosty the snowman plants in that tent, they'll get a nutrient swap tomorrow, then flushed at the end of the month or beginning of next.

I'll keep this thread updated on their status as well as provide images come harvest, good or bad.

19. The second batch of images / the 3x3x6 is only just starting to flower so it will be a while before anything goes on in that tent.

20. What kind of led you runnin? Thar thing really penetrates to the lower canopy