Encounter with a coyote while bike riding at night.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GanJamaican, Jun 24, 2009.

1. I was riding back from a friends house, and i was reaalllyyy high. My bike is my only means of transportation and I realized I missed all my chances to get a ride while smoking. On my way back I was jamming out to some KMK when I see a coyote trotting down the lane opposite mine. :eek:FUCK RIGHT?:eek:

Well I swerved onto the curb, and that's when he saw me and just started non-chalantly walking towards me. Almost like a dog trotting towards its' owner, but I could see under the street lamp that he was a legit wolf. Needless to say I just started dippin'. I was paranoid it was still on my tracks even on my block 5 streets away.

TL:DR

!!COYOTES!!

2. Yeah fuck that noise, I ran into like 10 deer when I was tripping with my buddy. Way better than the zoo.

3. lmao i ran into sum pigs in line at McDonalds that had me scared to order

4. Wait a minute.....was it a coyote or a wolf? You can play soccer with a coyote laughing your ass off, but a wolf is a different story.

5. Word.

During the night time at my house, you can hear packs of coyotes in the pasture.

6. Why? Wolves don't attack humans...
    Also, coyotes and wolves are in the same family so it sort of makes sense...sort of.

7. did u seriously just say they dont attack humans.thts a joke of COURSE THEY DO! if they want to attack they will.and get what ur gunna lose unless u have a weapon

8. it wanted to buy ;P

9. A single coyote probably wont attack a human, a pack on the other hand.....

10. #10 The-Doctor, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2009
    Yeah, I did, because there are very few reports of wolves attacking humans. They only do if they're rabid, extremely hungry in their own surroundings or on a hunting frenzy, even then it's hardly ever reported.

11. I'm not sure what it was gonna do, but I wasn't 'fin'n to check dat shit yo'.

12. so pretty much what you're trying to say here is that they attack humans?

13. fuck man the same shit happened to me last night. I was biking home from a jam crunk when i see a dog up in the distance. I keep biking by the path when i look at the dog again its a huge fucking coyote just chilling in the middle of the street! for some reason i have never biked faster in my life

14. I never forget the night we went to our late night toking spot,

We drive down this street of homes to the dead in, and right there is a part to a forest, its a open field

Were toking away and all that, its 3 of us, passing a couple blunts around, and all of a sudden we hear running, we knew it wasnt a person, then we see a fucking coyote a bit far in the distance, it definatly wasnt a dog, but a damn coyote, it just stood there. We went back to the car, thankfully we were close to the car, than to the coyote

15. 1-2 coyotes won't, a pack maybe.. but a wolf is a different story, bigger more vicious and WILL attack.

16. a WOLF doesn't have to be rabid or hungry to attack.. a coyote on the other hand is a different story.

17. i do a lot of mt biking and sometimes me and crew stay in the woods too long and have to ride out in the dark during spring and fall.

one night we're riding out in the dark and we were tracked by a small pack of wolves - it was awsome. we stopped a couple times for w/e reason and could hear them all around us.

there were 1/2 dozen of us and they kept their distance so it wasnt anything to be scared of. they howled a few times, that was kinda creepy but i think they were just curious and were having fun chasing us through the woods.

18. A territorial dog would be more likely to attack you on a bicycle. Coyotes on their own are chicken shits. :bongin:

19. Thats pretty intense man, almost worse than having the cops follow you... Am I wrong?

Am I wrong?

20. #20 The-Doctor, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2009
    Only under rare circumstances. In fact I've heard more cases of fatal household dog attacks.
    Yes, they do attack, but generally they're quite timid creatures. They're not just going to attack you unless you are seen as a threat to them or their pups. They're not stupid creatures, they know when to perceive you as a threat. Reading about it there's actually a few cases of people being fatally wounded by a wolf because they kept it as a pet; I mean, how stupid do you have to be to do that?
    I also take back what I said on my previous post about there being no reports of wolf attacks. I was misinformed. However, the attacks are still rare.