Eminem

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Jerry7, Nov 6, 2006.

1. so... what do you think of him? i personally got into him , anything before Encore really. i think he's really misunderstood and talented as hell, and he stays true to the roots of music, but expressing emotion through music.. which is what music is... a form of expression. whether it be frustration with critics, resentment for his mom, his childhood, love for daughter, dissin another rapper (and his disses are straight fire). i'm talking about eminem from like 04 and before that. the new eminem sickens me. he's not eminem anymore. and he's really loyal in the sense that he picked up 5 other rappers who would go nowhere without him, just because he was loyal.

i think he's real as fuck and i like him.

2. i like him too, except i loved encore... i loved his earlier stuff too but i don't think he has gotten worse. he hasn't done a lot of solo stuff lately but i love the production and the versus he does on other rapper's tracks (obie trice, there they go), and imo he hasn't gotten more fake, he's just talked enough about certain subject matters.... me personally i never listen to his old stuff anymore with the exception of a few songs (drug ballad, bitch please 2, difference between me and you)... i can't wait for the shady mix tape coming soon.

3. I think he went off with Encore also, but his flow keeps getting better with every album, and has similarity to Pac as he puts so much emotion into his work... His lyrical ability is top notch and there I would struggle to name 5 better rappers still in the game

The Eminem Show and MMLP are his best albums IMO

4. I really like em yeah, but some of the songs he does to just be stupid are not what i listen to. Any old Eminem is good, most of his new stuff isnt so great. He's an amazing producer which no one seems to give him credit for

5. damn i never said he got fake, but.. his last few singles: smack that, shake that, when i'm gone(good song), ass like that. seriously.... where's the originality. he's still one of the best. but seems like lately since encore he just concentrates more on his flow and subject matter and wordplay don't really matter.. which is the shit i like him for. it just seems like he doesn't try as hard.

and encore was like half good half bad. the album got leaked halfway through, so he just rushed the album and put out half ass songs like alot on that album, and i guess after he realized he could shit on records and not even try and still go plat., he stopped trying. he just needs motivation... which is really the key to the real eminem

slim shady lp: nobody knew who the fuck he was and wanted to make a name for him.
    marshall mathers lp: he wanted to prove he wasn't just a fad and got much more serious. even changed his voice from cartoonish to serious.
    eminem show: he just wanted to be accepted and a lot of court shit was going on.
    encore: eight mile came out, he put out a top notch soundtrack, and he was accepted by ppl....... just no motive anymore. a few good track, but you can't follow up the eminem show with an album like this.

6. [​IMG]tell me that isn't the dopest cd you've ever seen.

7. hell yea i remember buying the cd long time ago it was the shit... i cant wait for his new album reup!

8. hhis way old stuff was alright but im not a big fan of his recent or even close to recent stuff, maybe his first like 3 cds were alrgiht back then but now his shit is rediculus and i really dont like it, idk it sounds like bitchin to me and idk its probalby just me