Eminem is not that great

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by mushroomsatsuji, May 20, 2010.

1. I agree 100 %

2. The song called Marshall Mathers was his diss track to ICP. You kind of sound like an angry juggalo lol.

3. Im not saying hes bad, hes probably in my top ten (i dont listen to much rap anyway) but he is not the best like people here are saying. I loved the Eminem show, which is the only album of his Ive heard. Someone even tried comparing him to 2Pac. Thats just wrong. Em cant touch 2pac.

4. You can't really say much about an artist when you've only heard one album.

5. I like the songs about his daughter(s), but thats about it.

He does bitch too much. Many people have hard lives, doesnt mean thats the only thing going on in their life. I listened to some, I just remember complaining about his mom, his wife and how he has it so hard and crazy amounts of unfunny obsence lyrics. Many if not most great rappers grew up in poverty and with life problems, his content is nothing special.

On a side note his CD covers bug me.

6. The despicable beat is nuts. I get pumped EVERYTIME he goes im as bat shit as ozzy

7. When you compare this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqmH493JEpA]YouTube - Eminem Drug Ballad[/ame] to his new music, there is no comparison. His voice, flow, and overall rapping style on his first 3 albums is far superior to his current YELLING on his tracks. I can't even listen to him anymore, his message is not the same, and I know that all artist progress and mature, but I don't appreciate what he has become. That being said, he is still a good lyricist but doesn't bring nearly the same talent that he brought in the beginning of his career.

8. How do I sound angry? lol?

9. Eminem...best rapper alive..and this is comin from a dude who listens to like every genre of rap from DOOM to Binary Star to Little Brother to Drake to Game to Currency

eminem brought an entirely different style, and a new diverse audience to rap.

of course he does the soft singles, but with songs like the way i am, stan and sing for the moment following them, how the hell could u complain?

hes one of the very few dudes who appealls to the masses of "underground" fans and masses of "mainstream" fans

10. Just cause everyone likes someone it doesn't make them good right? Or do we ignore that when it backs up our argument.;)

11. I like eminem b.c. he doesnt abuse autotune like certain rappers.

12. Well I mean I have seen you post in Eminem threads before and it seems like of like you are against him and not to mention the juggalo sig. Juggalos dont like eminem b.c. of the beef or something. Idc if you dislike him I was just saying.

13. well if the majority likes someone, it dont make them good, but they obviously did somethin in the beginning or had some kinda spark

ur just tryin to reference wayne. his fan base aint as big as it used to be, nobody wanna hear that robot shit no more

14. Eh the beef is old. I didn't really like him before the whole thing. I'm not a sheepalo that wants to kill the fuck out of someone for dissing Psychopathic. I just never really liked him, like I said I liked his lyrics back in the day. Just not his voice.

15. #35 King Willie, May 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
    I've never liked him...dunno why,just never liked the guy,don't really like his voice either....and I agree,he aint that great.In my opinion.

16. Em is a str8 gangsta. Are you guys fucking serious? Em was born where all my fams from for real. That's right St Joe MO for yall who ain't know.

17. What's that gotta do with him bein overrated?

18. Eminem is grew up where the posters family grew up.

That means he's great!

19. Are you serious? How is Em gangster?

And Ive heard many of his songs, I mean I only owned one album and that was enough. Some I like, others are meh.

I like artists with deep meaning in their lyrics.I dont see that with him.

20. He doesn't have the deepest lyrical content, unless you count the angry tracks hes made. Rock Bottom, Marshall Mathers, Cleaning out my closet, Stan, and Mockingbird are some songs with meaningful content. I mean he's got more of it than most mainstream rappers today.