Emily's Hydroponic Garden System

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by BearNecessites, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Hi, I'm new to growing and I was going to attempt my first grow in my new Emilys hyrdo system. I've read some threads on it about how the res isnt equip for multi marijuana root systems and to have 2 or 3 plants only. Also what is the difference between letting it veg or just flower right away? I know that I'll need an oscillating fan, hydro nutrients, a ph meter, ppm tester for the nutrient solution and probably a small pump in the res. I've heard that FloraNova is good but I dont have much knowledge on growing yet. I'm ready to learn so any information or help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thank you.

This is the link to it.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-Emilys-Hydroponic-Garden-System/dp/B003IBJPDQ]Amazon.com: Emilys Hydroponic Garden System: Home & Garden[/ame]

2. That system is good for growing clones, using the sea of green method. You want to use clones from one mother in that system. Once your clones have roots you can transplant them into that system and start the flowering cycle. Doing this will keep the root system small and your plants short. You don't want to veg. them in that system because they will simply over crowed each other.

Good luck!

3. *arg* I just typed a long msg & somehow deleted it!

Here's a version though. I'm pretty new. A successful grow in Emilys. I'd do it again. It was easy. Probably a better way- but it worked out well for me. I started w/ clones in oasis cubes- buried in hydroton. Used CFL for awhile, then switched to HPS. I waited a bit long to flower (18"). They grew taller than I thought. The veg was fantastic though. I grew 4 plants- they were al together- wished I would've grown them in the 4 corners. I tied down branches, but did little trimming (this may not have been good as they were REAL bushy). I also added 2 extra air stones- the large round ones.

Mine came with Floranova & I loved that. Later on I added some ff stuff. Early on I watched my ph- then when it seemed to stablize I really didn't. At flower I kept a close eye on ppm- however early on I really didn't get it. I found at times the rez needed filling daily or every 2 days.

b/t/w after drying a bit over 10oz of killer gb. =)

So, if this EASY sysem looks like it'll work for you & you onl want a couple/few plants it's worth trying & a decent way to get your feet wet!