Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Emergency Resin

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sssSativa, Feb 2, 2012.

1. So i'm a firm believer in smoking resin as an emergency option when trying to obtain a high for whatever reason. I have a nice little glass pipe i purchased at a festival last summer, handy lil guy it is. the only problem is I have difficulty scraping said piece. Seeing as it's so small (about 2.5 inches long) I can't exactly find a good tool to reach the area underneath where the herb is put in. I can't boil it as there are children where I live, i'm looking for some sort of tool or any other genious contraptions you've used to scrape. Your help is appeciated!

-Sincerly,
    No Smoke

2. Well, depending on how much resin has collected in my pipe, I can sometimes just pull the flame into the pipe and obtain lots of resin smoke that way, without having to dig it out and shit. Then again I NEVER clean my pipe and I've had it a while, so a lot of resin has collected making this process really easy. So yeah, if there's a lot in there you can try that. Otherwise, use a paper clip... and good luck dealing with that shit.

3. Resin is repulsive. IDC how much THC content it has

4. just boil it when the children are asleep?

5. kief is always my backup

6. Don`t do this is you`re using a butane lighter cause then you`re sucking in butane fumes as well.

7. Is butane really that bad for you?

If you cant scrape the resin inside of the pipe just scrape it from the bowl.

Also if taking resin hits without scraping, Hit from the bowl/carb/mouth piece for maximum efficiency

8. Yeahh i take hits from the carb and just heat up my whole piece with a lighter to get good resin hits

9. Really? Not one of you is going to recommend a paper clip?

10. Someone did

11. Guess I'm blind lol. I read that post too.

But yeah, OP a paper clip would be your best bet. Can't tell you how much resin I've pulled out of my old spoon with a paper clip. Just take the very end of the paper clip and bend like maybe 1/8 of an inch of it and bend it til it's completely flat against the rest of the paper clip. Insert this end into the pipe and just go in an out a lot. It's like giving your pipe a good fucking and the resin is the orgasm.

12. Bobby pin. Bend it and then bend the tip very short so it acts as a spoon/scraper.

13. yo weirsd shit man I always seem to somehow suck in all my weed even if it hasnt turned into ash yet.
    So today im scraping it and shit and all the bud that hasnt been burned came out but was mixed with resin and wa all gewy and shit about atleast a fat bowls wortth....was gonna smoke it but it was wet and gewy and all black and shit looking so i threw it...now im reading all this shit aout it and now i regret it and dry,.... FUCK

14. use a lighter and paperclip

15. First off, boiling glass that is cheap weakens it to heat in my experience. I'd use a paper clip. You can bend it to your hearts desire. I recently made a wooden Indian like pipe, wooden bowl included. Ther were some small cracks which I sealed with resin, honey, ashes and saw dust to make a natural glue. Worked wonders. Had to stop by a few houses to collect resin from pipes of friends who were astonished I needed resin at all lol. Not really a normal request tbh. I clean my glass so frequently that I have no resin of my own. My brother has a different philosophy and saved his resin til they fill up jars and he smokes the hell out of it. I gag just watching as I have a lung disease and can't smoke harsh shit like that. Says it gets him messed up. More power to the both of you. Peace :)

16. I start saving resin and roaches right after harvest... stayed high for 3 weeks after running out of weed :D

17. This is why I save kief as my emergency. Resin just feels tarry and gross, and just the thought that that is sticking to my lungs is just offputting.

18. I usually keep my roaches, resin, and kief. I will use the huge balls of resin, and put them in a bag, or container with 99% iso, wait til it dissolves then let it dry like hash to purify it some.

Then take that, and roll it in kief, and smoke that.

My emergency procedure.

19. recycle recycle recycle... cannabis culture is all about sustainability. I recycle the resin from my resin, and filter it through my lungs :smoke: