Emergency Rescue with Mars FC 4800

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by trojangrower, Mar 10, 2022.

1. pull the soup..run straight wtr..cpl wks..bk off that 2mins on 10 off..imo that was over kill to strt wit..think that was ok at the strt but now your plnts are in different phase where that is not welcome..you tryin to impose your will on mom nature ..ran very low ph and no flushes for wks..ay yah! reason not to run low ph is cause certain elements are not avail at low ph..you can get away wit that during erly stages but its not reccomended...not changing soup regularly or doing flushes will catch up wit you and as you're seein very very difficult to diagnois..prevention waaay easier than diagnoising..hydro when it goes bad is serious

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. It's always tough when you're hitting all the numbers and still can't get right. Nothing really jumps out at me here. I would try backing the light down to closer to 40k. Idk just my standard play , back off everything start back one element at a time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. thanks guys for your input.
    @Dr M I've run a bunch of plants this way before, like the one in the pirate thread. Maybe this one is too big? idk. I asked you earlier what ph you are running. I don't run low pH, I was running 5.5 with it rising. That's standard hydro ph bro.
    I flushed between res changes. I'm not running just water for 2 weeks though. That plant would surely be dead.
    @JoshuaE this. The lighting maybe too high and giving weird results. I will back them some later on when they come on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I probably shouldn't say this because there were other variables that could have caused my experience but I was not able to run my Mars Hydro sp3000 as high as you and I generally do. Could it be the reds? Idk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. i disagree..5.5 is low..the std range is 5.6-6.2....curious where you got 5.5 is std..things do change wit more research being done these days..like soup temp at 72f rather than under 70f..we were deathly afraid of root rot type stuff more than benefit of additioal o2..these days we got fuguscide for prevention..now i'm thinkin the logistics of runnin 5.5 is PIA..lots of ph dwn and the plnt to me wants a higher ph..why not let it rise see what happens..also your plnt will not die on just wtr for ten days..try it..you are in a position where you already think the plnt is screwed so why not experiment on it..you just might learn something ...or not..

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. repeating... I set 5.5, the next day its 5.7. Its in the range. I let it ride sometimes up to 6.1 allowing calcium absorption.
    upload_2022-4-2_10-22-27.png
    Currently, its 5.75, so I will look a lil later.

this* is a new light, so it maybe too much light, just not seeing the damage on the higher (newer) parts of the plant, more the bottom. I don't think root rot because its aero, got sooo much oxygen. Maybe just heat...

or maybe just really needed a regular res change.

I review other journals for Holland Secret (Flora knockoff) and lots of growers claim 1:1:1 is the way to go... idk I hate not having the NPK analysis, that would solve sooo many problems.

It could also be from something else. I have been doing some work in the other room, like concrete grinding (under vacuum), and applying acylic epoxy (total shit btw), and painting. Could be VOCs affecting it. not sure.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I've all but abandoned change outs I did 2 the last cycle ,one was when I thought that I was experiencing some kind of salt stress but it didn't help and probably wasn't needed I didn't really start out to quit the change outs I was just going so long in between tending that there wasn't enough solution left in the system to be too detrimental was my thinking. Idk could be bad advice. Maybe it's in the timing of the spray? Seems unlikely but.... maybe

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lets review the facts. The plant has been using 2on/10off feeding since the start (not including seedling). Most the pH has been low thoughout.
    PH was maintained between 5.6 - 5.8 in Jan - early Feb.
    PH was kinda all over from later Feb - mid Mar but mostly 5.6 - 5.8. It went as low as 5.19 and as high as 6.14.
    PH mid Mar-Apr was about 5.5 - 5.8, but once it hit 5.28, and has been ~5.75 since Mar 26.
    In summary, the pH is maintained ~ 5.5 - 5.8.
    Plant seems to enjoy an EC ~ 2.0 mS, but this can be deceiving if I don't change the res. For example, if the plant is eating up all the nitrogen and leaving behind a bunch of silica, then the silica levels too high, give a false EC reading. BUT if the plant is eating up all nutrients at about the same amount, then its good. I don't like changing the res, was using {1:1:1} fine, but in the last couple weeks, the plant looks P-def, so I followed manufacturer's recommended ~{3:6:9}.

Lets' look at the BEFORE the scrog/light change:

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Let's now look at after:
    ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif

Logically, I would assume there is a problem with the roots or the lights. Maybe they too bright after all ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Are the roots crazy full in the space available? I wonder if they could reach a critical point where there's not enough 02? I mean isn't it just a passive system in that regard? Just thinking since we usually have an airstone creating the exchange.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I've been wondering about this. No problem until... it maybe just 'full' , although I've had pretty big plants with this system before. My wife thinks we should check the drainage. I suppose I could lift her up and add some stones... but it could just be suffocating itself.

It could also be shock from general stress. Switching lights and scorg'n so late...

I lifted the light up some, thus the canopy ~40-50K atm. Let her get a lil rest. I've also opened the door to cool things down and try to keep the area at ~25C. I maybe will add a space heater for the evening to keep ~20C.

• Like Like x 1
  11. In the collage pics it does look super bright in one of the pics. but I’ve started playing around with led heights and bringing them closer to the plants.

Does your light spec out with your lux meter? I don’t think the viparspectra numbers from dealer are correct

• Like Like x 2
  12. nah I don't have a spec, just that DIY way that I haven't done.

• Like Like x 1
  13. My plant is really only two mains
    100_0258.JPG
    everything else is just larf
    21 Apr 10 2022.JPG
    I don't see any conditions furthering. Seems ok for now
    100_0262.JPG
    I just leave the main door open, let the heat out some more. Canopy 55-65K. Feeding like {1:1:2} even though Hollands Secret recommends higher Bloom numbers.
    100_0267.JPG
    Might notice I had to support some colas using retractable badge holder clips. They clip nicely into the lamp's heat exchangers.
    100_0268.JPG
    To end this week's update, here's a couple pics of the developing buds.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Nice, you look like you got that thing on track. That's cool that the clips fit to the light. I need to get my bar light in service, it's a really nice light been leaned up in the corner for 6 months now. Smh

• Like Like x 2
  15. nice work, plant looks pretty

• Like Like x 1
  16. thanks man :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Can't wait to see the conclusion on this girl. Grows like these make me want to step my game up

• Like Like x 1
  18. Oh yea... I am journaling my progress :smiley-rolling-joint:

I did another res change after about 10 days. I increased the bloom component and hit a whopping 2400 uS (~1200ppm) but it kept climbing the next day (to 2500) so I backed it to ~2100 or so using some calmag + {2:2:2} solution. Seems happy, but still that fading from sooo early on. Is is progressing?! idk.
    100_0287.JPG
    definitely filling out.
    100_0288.JPG
    steady 24-25 °C at the canopy. Little cooler today, I think its a VPD thing.
    100_0291.JPG 100_0292.JPG
    she's filling out though. The last shot is the tallest most lanky bud.

Such a delicate strain for my brutish methods.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. oh this is such a hiccup plant ! I must up my game. I'm planning on a bato grow next time using these lights :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. I know this isn't your best example of a good grow, but still lots I can learn from.

• Agree Agree x 1