emergency please help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by newgrow, Jun 3, 2006.

1. hey i have a 400 watt mh which has worked pretty well for me for the past 3 or 4 years but now i am three weeks into flowering on my latest grow and my light has stopped working. when it is plugged in the light makes the same sound as b4 it broke but the light just wont turn on i have checked the wiring tried different outlets and even bought a new bulb but the light just makes the same noise as it always did does any one know what the problem could be and how to fix it b/c i dont exactly have the money to go buy a new mh ot hps light not even to buy floros they have been in darkness for like 36 hours now so any help is much appreciatated sorry for the long post and i hope it makes sense

2. Sounds like a ballast problem for sure. Is there a manufacturer phone number you can call and ask general questions about the ballast?

3. no there is no a number i got it a while ago can i replace the ballast myself (easliy) and where could i get one thanks toke n chiill

4. any grow shop sells ballasts

5. Lots of places on the internet to get them, but you don't have time for that it sounds like. Start calling local nurseries and if they don't have them they can probably help you find one local. Google the manufacturer name of the one you have and see what info you can find out. Might be an internal reset switch or something. I have not had my ballast very long so I don't know if there is a fuse or something like that inside that can be replpaced possibly. Sorry I can't be anymore help.